New muscle cars

Ive chased the horsepower and its fun, but Im after a better driving experience these day. My 654HP M6 GC was seriously too fast. Just purchased this 2015 Porsche 911 S with sports design. Expensive, yes, but way more engaging and fun to drive.

View attachment 185882

I test drove the 350R, super fun, great sound but I couldn't get myself to pay $60k for a mustang. Hellcats are cool and that SC whine is great, but I feel Id get bored. Maybe Im just getting old hahaha but horsepower is a one part of the equation for a street car. I feel a 3000-3500 car and 400-450 HP is about the sweet spot between power/weight for the street.

Beautiful car, 911’s have been a dream of mine since a child. You’re not wrong...

I’d love to buy a Cayman S....can’t afford a proper 911.

My ram is at the dealer right now because it consumed 1 gallon of coolant in 80 miles and for my loaner car they gave me a v6 challenger.
20200824_131910.jpg

I've only driven it for 10 minutes but I wouldn't personally buy one. It has a massive blind spot and feels huge. I'd definitely cross shop the mustang if I wanted a 2 door muscle car but realistically I'd likely end up with a BRZ or a Miata. I'd rather go fast on turns and drag races mean nothing to me. I'm a firm believer in the phase; It's more fun to go fast in something slow than slow in something fast.

Reactions: Rick Flair
That *is* the problem with virtually all newer cars - high beltlines and tiny back windows equals no visibility. I really do wish this fad would pass - peeking out over the top of the bottom windowsill sucks!

From I read it has everything to do with safety and why cars have BLS systems and cameras. It sucks.

From I read it has everything to do with safety and why cars have BLS systems and cameras. It sucks.
Pretty much - create a car that you can't see out of, so have to make it even more expensive by employing technology to solve the problem thus created. I'm so glad I'm "out of the new car buying business".

Just purchased this 2015 Porsche 911 S with sports design.

I test drove the 350R, super fun, great sound but I couldn't get myself to pay $60k for a mustang. Hellcats are cool and that SC whine is great, but I feel Id get bored. Maybe Im just getting old hahaha but horsepower is a one part of the equation for a street car. I feel a 3000-3500 car and 400-450 HP is about the sweet spot between power/weight for the street.

Agree.

I'm planning a new sports car after the TJ is finished. Mustangs are cheap as second hand here in Australia and frankly if you were a thinking man, it'd be a no brainer. Like the TJ, huge support for them from the aftermarket.

However, I can't get enthused over them after driving a few. Spent a reasonable amount of time in one of the new, unloved turbo Caymans at speed and the things are awesome. The turbo 4's aren't holding value either, so could be good pickup.

That said Porsche must have sold a heap of 6cyl 981 Boxsters are they are good buying compared to 6cyl Caymans (around $15k more in the used market). time will tell I suppose.

Reactions: AndrewLJR
With only 495 HP the new C8 Corvette will beat all of them with a zero to 60 in 2.9 seconds.
Which will lose to American made Tesla P100d at 2.5 seconds.

Weird argument. Would prefer a Caterham 620. A 2 litre turbo, will get to 60 in 2.7 and embarrass most supercars around a racetrack. However, the C8 is an awesome vehicle for the money.

View attachment 185961

Or the Ariel atom.

But those are full on track cars.

The C8 is amazing but I don’t consider it a muscle car, it’s a full on super car at this point.

I have daily driven a 2015 Charger SRT (392) for the last 6 years. I really love the car. The 2015-2016 SRT was loaded with every option and with the adjustable suspension it is a big leather recliner with 485HP for daily drives, but with the suspension in sport it is very respectable for a track day. A night at the drag strip is a lot of fun too. For a dad's daily driver it is just perfect.

1598328199807.png

1598328145708.png

1598328162607.png

I love the look of the challenger. What bums me out is that they don't make it in a convertible. I've rented a SS camaro convertible, and it was fun to drive. I'm not really a mustang guy....
So, if it was possible, i'd want a challenger convertible with a 6 speed manual with one of the sick HP packages. No convertible, I'm not really interested.
I'm also more into the classic "real" musclecars which I do still have a couple of...

Sorry....

https://carbuzz.com/news/you-can-now-buy-the-dodge-challenger-convertible-of-your-dreams

I have daily driven a 2015 Charger SRT (392) for the last 6 years. I really love the car. The 2015-2016 SRT was loaded with every option and with the adjustable suspension it is a big leather recliner with 485HP for daily drives, but with the suspension in sport it is very respectable for a track day. A night at the drag strip is a lot of fun too. For a dad's daily driver it is just perfect.

View attachment 186004

View attachment 186002

View attachment 186003

Love that B5 blue!!! Great looking car!

Reactions: gbirk

View attachment 186004

View attachment 186002

View attachment 186003

This is going to seem weird, have you sold a TJ in the last few years? Your driveway looks...way familiar.