New muscle cars

No, I sold a tan hard top about a year ago, but I am still on my 1st TJ.

I seem to remember a hedge like that in a ad. No worries, love the car man. You have the mag ride option since you have a true SRT?

Love that B5 blue!!! Great looking car!

Ya, I fell in love with the B5 blue. Had to fly to Colorado to get it because when I went to order it at the local dealership Dodge had just 2 days before stopped taking orders for B5 blue. I found this on a lot and flew out to get it. I am 6'7 so I had to find an SRT in B5 blue with out a sunroof. It was a pretty rare combination at the time.

If you look at the Scat, my recommendation is to skip the 6 piston Brembo's unless you are going to track it. The smaller Brembos brake just as well for street use, but will fade if you do track days. Rotors and pads for the 6 piston fronts are like $2k.

Last edited:
Ya, I fell in love with the B5 blue. Had to fly to Colorado to get it because when I went to order it at the local dealership Dodge had just 2 days before stopped taking orders for B5 blue. I found this on a lot and flew out to get it. I am 6'7 so I had to find an SRT in B5 blue with out a sunroof. It was a pretty rare combination at the time.

If you look at the Scat, my recommendation is to skip the 6 piston Brembo's unless you are going to track it. The smaller Brembos break just as well for stree use, but will fad if you do track days. Rotors and pads for the 6 piston fronts are like $2k.

Yikes. I looked for months for my F150 to find a fully loaded one without the sunroof. I feel your pain!

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I feel the PP on the Mustang is the same with the big brakes.

I don’t track and the only one I’d do would be a 1/4 mile....thank you!

I seem to remember a hedge like that in a ad. No worries, love the car man. You have the mag ride option since you have a true SRT?

It's not mag ride as I believe that is a Chevy only thing, but it is similar. 3 selectable stiffness settings that go from cushy, to sporty to not really harsh, but very stiff. For a 4400 pond car it handles itself respectably in track mode.

It's not mag ride as I believe that is a Chevy only thing, but it is similar. 3 selectable stiffness settings that go from cushy, to sporty to not really harsh, but very stiff. For a 4400 pond car it handles itself respectably in track mode.

Gotcha. Yeah, I might have misquoted the shocks. I do like the idea of what it can do. It really spoke to me reading about the early SRT’s and and adjusting the suspension.

Yikes. I looked for months for my F150 to find a fully loaded one without the sunroof. I feel your pain!

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I feel the PP on the Mustang is the same with the big brakes.

I don’t track and the only one I’d do would be a 1/4 mile....thank you!

Track days are reaaaaaalllly fun, but expensive and will eat front tires because of the car's weight. I have only done a few, but if you get a fast car you got to try it. Hooked on Driving is a club that does high performance track days, and they are top notch. Your 1st time out they pair you with someone as a teacher and they ride with you to keep you safe and give you driving tips. Highly recommended to try.

If you want to take a drive feel free to PM me. Looks like we are in the same part of the country. We could even to a test and tune night at PIR if that's your thing.

• Love
Reactions: Rick Flair
Track days are reaaaaaalllly fun, but expensive and will eat front tires because of the car's weight. I have only done a few, but if you get a fast car you got to try it. Hooked on Driving is a club that does high performance track days, and they are top notch. Your 1st time out they pair you with someone as a teacher and they ride with you to keep you safe and give you driving tips. Highly recommended to try.

If you want to take a drive feel free to PM me. Looks like we are in the same part of the country. We could even to a test and tune night at PIR if that's your thing.

Well, you drive a hard bargain!

I’d love to give the track days a try, why not?!?

Thanks for the offer, I’m an hour out of Portland and I will definitely take you up on it. Hell just a ride would be great with someone who knows the car!

Reactions: gbirk
I was set to order a new Corvette after attending the 24 Hours of Daytona and watching the C8R run. Factory reps had a bunch of cars on display and I was surprised the interior is relatively roomy and well laid out. Wife talked me into a Jeep instead, and she doesn't complain when I buy stuff. We have a lot of fun together in the Jeep, but I still want a Corvette.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Although not really new, picked up a 99 WS6 Trans Am with an aluminum block LS1. Originally belonged to the local Pontiac dealership owner who I’ve known for over 40yrs.. The LS1 was completely balanced and received a performance update to the computer as soon as it rolled off the transport. Quicker than a stocker but not Hell Cat fast. If it passes the “probation period” and deemed worthy, a whipple and dyno tune will be seriously considered along with beefing up the 4L60E to handle It. Poor mans go fast fix.
8F9448B8-0506-4A37-A8B7-E403A3D46115.jpeg

Last edited:
The guy in the office space next to me has a GT350. It is an amazing car. I have thought very hard about selling the Charger and making the TJ my daily then getting a GT350 for a toy.

Right? I have thought when my F150 sells to do the same thing. I can DD the TJ most of the time and have a fun car for that.

Although not really new, picked up a 99 WS6 Trans Am with an aluminum block LS1. Originally belonged to the local Pontiac dealership owner who I’ve known for over 40yrs.. The LS1 was completely balanced and received a performance update to the computer as soon as it rolled off the transport. Quicker than a stocker but not Hell Cat fast. If it passes the “probation period” and deemed worthy, a whipple and dyno tune will be seriously considered along with beefing up the 4L60E to handle It. Poor mans go fast fix.View attachment 186027

Ive always loved these. Look so menacing and Ive said it 1000000000000x and my friends roll their eyes at me but truly, nothing better than a cammed LS.

Agree.

I'm planning a new sports car after the TJ is finished. Mustangs are cheap as second hand here in Australia and frankly if you were a thinking man, it'd be a no brainer. Like the TJ, huge support for them from the aftermarket.

However, I can't get enthused over them after driving a few. Spent a reasonable amount of time in one of the new, unloved turbo Caymans at speed and the things are awesome. The turbo 4's aren't holding value either, so could be good pickup.

That said Porsche must have sold a heap of 6cyl 981 Boxsters are they are good buying compared to 6cyl Caymans (around $15k more in the used market). time will tell I suppose.

With Porsche going to more efficient turbo engine's, the NA cars will hold their value. Kind of like the 993 when the 996 went water cooled. Doubt it'll be that drastic, but people who are enthusiasts, like myself, want NA power, sound and enjoyability.

I had a 16 Mustang GT manual for 2 years and bought at 18k miles but since rona started and I was concerned with it impacting my wallet decided smart thing was to get rid of expenses so I sold it at 32k miles and about about broke even on inital purchase price. Best car I have ever driven though and hate that I got rid of it. Im happy with the TJ that replaced it, but I miss that smoothe power delivery and excellent performance in the corners. Insurance was not bad, especially when I bought it I was 23. Very comfy and very respectable gas mileage. Got about 22 on my normal commute and could get 30+ on road trips. Since I sold it I have been getting in a much better financial situation (not like I was in a bad one) but freed up a lot of money for investing and I can buy one of these with cash this time around. But waiting to get into a bigger house with a barn just to store my toys.

385179A1-3197-4BA6-A606-0841FDCE22EA.jpeg

003EB61C-F60E-44DF-8562-63C7C9C09B24.jpeg

9991DFCB-CCC1-4713-9B1B-C4B775E7C63D.jpeg

3EE9747D-E797-47AC-BE1F-5CC2CF11DC71.jpeg
8839F876-67B0-44CB-A197-859A1363B857.jpeg
Im really liking the caddy Cts v’s for a nice 4 door family car... and being 640hp from the factory isn’t bad either 😁. But I’m a little more partial to the body stying of the 2014 cts v’s.

There is only one CTS-V a family man would drive......the wagon. I would trade my SRT for the CTS-V Wagon any day.

1599259981666.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick Flair and Ryan