New soft shackles on BMB website - 5 colors!

psrivats

Team green shackle
Supporting Member
Have y'all seen the new shackles on the Black magic brakes website? Looks like @mrblaine updated the item, 5 really good colors now and great prices as always.

The green is still my favorite. Photos do not do justice to how nice a color it is in person.

https://shop.blackmagicbrakes.com/W...-5-Colors-WRG-SOFT-SHACKLES.htm?categoryId=-1
DSC01427.jpg

Last edited:
I was curious about the green color and Blaine sent me an early sample to see in person. Here are couple photos from a month ago when it was still raining in Portland. The green is just fantastic and it really stands out.

But now that I see the other colors, the "carrot" color (far left) is also really nice and bright as all soft shackles should be.

bCLS7Q2iHJky5RIkpbiRFug=w1054-h790-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

jDHQF-0DYJtxMajS2BgwNlKw=w593-h790-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

I luv yellow...

My philosophy is that we should use colors that are bright and easy to spot in the wild so we can gather up our bits of gear when a recovery is done. I know I've lost many pieces over the years due to them simply blending into the background too well. As such, I want bright gaudy colors on the shackles for two reasons, less likely to be pocketed by someone and easier to see. Point of all that is with as bright as the yellow is and how easy it is to spot, we simply don't sell very many of them so you are well into a very small minority of folks.

My philosophy is that we should use colors that are bright and easy to spot in the wild so we can gather up our bits of gear when a recovery is done. I know I've lost many pieces over the years due to them simply blending into the background too well. As such, I want bright gaudy colors on the shackles for two reasons, less likely to be pocketed by someone and easier to see. Point of all that is with as bright as the yellow is and how easy it is to spot, we simply don't sell very many of them so you are well into a very small minority of folks.

If only that yellow had just a little bit of that green mixed in you'd have the perfect tennis-ball "Optic Yellow."

1686149650406.png

Reactions: freedom_in_4low