New to balance beads. Worth trying?

They didn't solve my problem, but I think my tires had cupping or other issues. The concept is interesting, but I don't use beads. As long as my front suspension is in good shape and my tires are balanced well, I don't tend to have any issues.

It's new to me. What are bead balancers? What is wrong with stick on weights.

Stick on or clamp on weights can get stripped off in the rocks or mud. When you've been playing in the mud you got to make sure to get it off your rims before it dries ROCK HARD as that will throw your balance off.

I've been lucky it seems with mine so far since I went to these larger tires and beadlock wheels I haven't had any balance issues BUT to note I don't drive the Jeep on the road a LOT.

They didn't solve my problem, but I think my tires had cupping or other issues. The concept is interesting, but I don't use beads. As long as my front suspension is in good shape and my tires are balanced well, I don't tend to have any issues.

I did not have good luck with beads in my TSLs. They helped with tramp ok but just could not take all the shimmy out. Beads are also not the best if you wheel in the slop and unseat a bead.

Reactions: Wildman
If they work as advertised then they're worth every penny, I hate wheel/tire vibrations
Of course the Dyna beads have been working wonderfully in the F250 for 130K miles for half the price and you cant forget to put them back in when you rotate your tires
Either way they're going to be a lot better than clip/stick on weights which my truck loves to fling off on the freeway

In theory I guess using beads would be great if you were to bend a rim while out on the trail, they should keep the wheel balanced no matter what happens to it right?

If they work as advertised then they're worth every penny, I hate wheel/tire vibrations
Of course the Dyna beads have been working wonderfully in the F250 for 130K miles for half the price and you cant forget to put them back in when you rotate your tires
Either way they're going to be a lot better than clip/stick on weights which my truck loves to fling off on the freeway

My new Ram is cupping the tires on the steer axle so I was looking at these. For my Ram 3500 I'd need the ones for the steer and then the drive. And It's a dually also.

I do want to research more about the ones for motorcycles.

In theory I guess using beads would be great if you were to bend a rim while out on the trail, they should keep the wheel balanced no matter what happens to it right?

No there are limits to what they can overcome.

Reactions: Westbrook
Ill be the naysayer....

shop i had my new ones mounted and balanced at persuaded me to try the beads. found out after the fact that the machine they run isn't big enough for 35's.

They ride like shit. I even took them back and had them add more beads.

As it was explained to me, you have to be traveling a certain speed before the beads settle in the appropriate location. like a washing machine that balances out ( via fluid in a hollow metal ring) once it gets to a certain speed, the question is what is that speed?

well for a lighter weight TJ like mine it damn sure isnt 35 mph. that's just above the speed where an unbalanced tire starts to show itself, and just under the speed required to get the beads to make a difference. Good thing the speed limit here on base on the main road is 35 mph.

Then again I felt it shaking like a SOB at 50 today as well. And no it isn't anything else on my rig, it was fine with my last set of MTRs with weights.

they may work fine in some applications but i now think they are an excuse for inexperienced and under-equipped hacks to do a lazy ass job.

IMHO find a good shop and have them balanced by someone who isn't lazy af and knows what they're doing.

sometime after the holidays im having the beads taken out and rebalanced with weights. (Somewhere else)

YMMV...

If they work as advertised?
what fits under a TJ rim is not enough to work for larger than factory wheels, IMO.

they sound like a tube full of birdshot.. and i hear no evidence of any type of liquid in there.

Yes, they do.

I wonder how they work on larger tires and heavy wheels? I have steel beadlocks that are heavy plus 36X13.5X16.5 TSL IROCK's so not the normal tire & wheel found on most Jeeps.

And then looking at the one they make for Harley's I need to find some pictures of it installed first.