New to balance beads. Worth trying?

I’ve tried centramatics twice and they did nothing for me in terms of reducing tire vibes.

35 12.5 15 stt pro on Hutchinson beadlocks and 35 12.5 15 km3 on racelines.

Well I emailed Checkered Flag yesterday and really wasn't expecting a reply until next week.

Checkered Flag Tire Beads

has received a new message.

Please ask us what you would like to know?
Hello,
I have 36x13.5x16.5 TSL IROCK bias ply tires.

SKU Size Aspect Ratio Section Width Weight Tire Tread Width I-803 36x13.5x165 36 13.5 67 12

Tire Tread Depth Tread Ply Rating Side Wall Ply
21/32 8 4

I'm running a steel dual beadlock rim with the inner HDPE insert. These are custom wheels made by StazWorks and are 9.75X16.5.

How much of your beads should I be using with these tires and wheels?

Thank you,
Rick
Language
en-US

Got this reply from them TODAY around 10:30 AM

36in on the boundary from going 8 to 10 oz but because of the beadlock rims I would go 12 ounces per tire.

Thank you

I’m running 10oz checkered flag beads in a 15x9 spyderlock beadlock and 36x13.50-15 SS Irok tires. Balances great

Reactions: Wildman
I've had good experiences with the Centramatics. They seem to keep everything balanced especially at freeway speeds, and appear to be promoting even tire wear. They do make a small amount of noise at low speeds, but it's only really noticeable with the doors off.

Balance Masters makes a competing product using liquid mercury instead of BBs and oil. I have two of their driveshaft balancers, but have not tried their wheel balancers. I would imagine they're just as effective (maybe slightly more) as the Centramatics.