New to balance beads. Worth trying?

sierradmax

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I have a set of 17" beadlocks for some mud terrains and I figured I'd try the DIY balancing approach with beads over stick-on weights. I know for some it works, others it doesn't. This is new for me. Online Charts say between 8oz.-10oz. while I see some manufacturers just want you to throw the bag in vs. pouring individual beads through a valve step. What are suggestions?

I've been running them in my F250 for 15 years and would never go back regular weights (running 35x12.5r18 Ridge Grapplers)
I have a full set to put in the Jeep tires when I get a chance (33x12.5r15)
I also run them in my motorcycle tires so I guess you could put me in the "works for me" column

Reactions: MikeE024
I’ve been using them for about a year on my Jeep. It fixed my tire vibrations completely. I poured them in just before bolting on the beadlock ring. I used 10oz per tire I’m running 36x13.50-15

I’ve been using them for about a year on my Jeep. It fixed my tire vibrations completely. I poured them in just before bolting on the beadlock ring. I used 10oz per tire I’m running 36x13.50-15
What kind? Counteract, Dynabead..

I'm running DynaBeads, I had never heard of CounterAct beads until today when my co-worker ordered some for the 38's on his F350

I love them, other don't. There are a few threads with everyone's opinion that will save everyone from typing it all over again. Look at similar threads below.

For those of you running balance beads, did you use the filtered valve stems?

I’ve read that for the regular sized beads, you need them to prevent clogging the valve. Which would be important when airing down for off-roading.

I’ve read that for the regular sized beads, you need them to prevent clogging the valve. Which would be important when airing down for off-roading.
I did experience a clogged stem once when airing down a buddies rig with them and using an ARB deflator.

What do balance beads look like?
Like airsoft BB’s, if that helps
HTB1worNPVXXXXcDaXXX760XFXXXH.png_.webp

As long as the stem is at the top you shouldn't have an issue
I'm running the larger off-road Dyna beads so there shouldn't ever be an issue

I love them, other don't. There are a few threads with everyone's opinion that will save everyone from typing it all over again. Look at similar threads below.

Brian you forgot the links....

I've tried them once before but really couldn't tell you if they helped or not but it might have had something to do with my rims also.

I know some guys who actually use BB's for balancing their tires.

It's new to me. What are bead balancers? What is wrong with stick on weights.

Stick on weights get you close, beads get it dead on.

They react to changing conditions too. So you're offroad and a bunch of mud is caked on your wheels and tires throwing them out of balance. Balance beads fix that. Up to a point anyway.

Reactions: MikeE024
I'm using 0.25 gram airsoft pellets successfully. 11 ozs/tire on 35" x12.5 x !5 tires. Inexpensive and no clogging or clumping problems. Next time, I think I'll use a range of pellets sizes and metal BB's because I think that will work even better.

I have a hypothesis that the tables that recommend how much weight to put are too low and that is one of the major causes of peoples' mixed experience with beads.

Reactions: Wildman