New top color?

rocklight

Going to order a new top, should I keep same color or go with a black top.
IMG_1125.JPG

Reactions: Chris
Reactions: Jeepersteve71
BTW, I would go with black. It will offset the color very nicely I think.

Reactions: Van
I hate to break the news to you, but you're going to have one hell of a time finding that same color top, at least from Bestop. I am almost certain that other than Rampage, no other soft top mfgs. carry the khaki colored tops anymore. I have checked with Bestop, and they told me they are discontinued. That was last year, so chances are there are none left anywhere. Unless you are willing to go with Rampage, you may have had your decision made for you. I will check with the guy I sold my X to, he was looking for khaki upper door skins, and he found them somewhere, just not Bestop, so someone else may have a top in that color. I'll get back to you on this. Quadratec carries certain brands of tops in the old Spice and Tan colors, but not khaki, other than Rampage.

Chris did list the Rampage Khaki replacement soft top with hardware 68836 - Khaki, Tinted Windows in his thread about soft tops, and pretty much rated it just below Bestop, but in looking at that link, it does not look like khaki, but tan...

Last edited:
Do you not see the photo I posted? I was just showing that they make the frameless top in tan.
I saw the photo, yes. But the OP's top is not tan, it is khaki, a color that came factory on later year TJs. If he's willing to go with tan, great. I am simply pointing out that khaki is what he has if he wants the same color, and it is getting harder to find.