Nice Tray for Center Console Storage

Fulton_Hogan

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I didn't know these things existed, but when I saw it, I knew I wanted one.
Jeep TJ Center Console Storage Tray

Storage in these Jeeps is a thing, but this totally helps with little items, that when dropped on their own into the center console, its like a whale swallowing a Tic Tac. Items like a garage door opener, pens, a multi-tool, whatever. This is just big enough to hold those little items, but lifts out in a snap to get into the deeper storage area. My tray and some 1/16" sticky-back neoprene foam I ordered arrived in today's mail.

Here is my tray, as received.

PhotoGrid_1628284573205[1].jpg

I lined the the underside of the tray's rim and the interior bottom of the tray in an effort to cut down on the tray sliding under the lid, and to keep things in the tray from rattling.

PhotoGrid_1628284457381[1].jpg

For the underside of the rim, I placed the tray top down on the foam, traced its outline and cut. Then I flipped the foam and tray; tray bottom now on the peel-away paper side of the sticky foam. Lined the edges up and traced the outline of the the tray's walls/bottom. Cut. Peel. Stick. The rim was done.

The interior took a little more effort; traced the tray's bottom on the foam, cut it, figured out the thickness of the tray's wall (about 3.5mm), trimmed that much more off the tray liner, then installed the liner.

It was less than a week from ordering to installation. Here it is sound-dampened and installed.

PhotoGrid_1628284637470[1].jpg

Highly recommend this one!

PhotoGrid_1628284573205[1].jpg

PhotoGrid_1628284457381[1].jpg

PhotoGrid_1628284637470[1].jpg

Last edited:
Someone in their review said they were amazed the factory didn't have something like this originally, and I have to agree with them. It's pretty cool.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I got one of these a few weeks back and it was loose as hell. I had to use weatherstripping to 'hold' it in place. Still, it beats the cavern I use to have because I had no factory subwoofer. (still looking for a factory sub setup, by the way ;))

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan
I drove around yesterday evening and today to test out the neoprene foam; absolutely no rattling. The garage opener didn't move much either, if at all.
Weatherstripping, or foam of any type, on at least the underside, is totally the way to go.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I drove around yesterday evening and today to test out the neoprene foam; absolutely no rattling. The garage opener didn't move much either, if at all.
Weatherstripping, or foam of any type, on at least the underside, is totally the way to go.
Great find. I ordered a blue one. Where did you source the adhesive Backed foam you used?

I didn't know these things existed, but when I saw it, I knew I wanted one.
Jeep TJ Center Console Storage Tray

Storage in these Jeeps is a thing, but this totally helps with little items, that when dropped on their own into the center console, its like a whale swallowing a Tic Tac. Items like a garage door opener, pens, a multi-tool, whatever. This is just big enough to hold those little items, but lifts out in a snap to get into the deeper storage area. My tray and some 1/16" sticky-back neoprene foam I ordered arrived in today's mail.

Here is my tray, as received.

View attachment 269345

I lined the the underside of the tray's rim and the interior bottom of the tray in an effort to cut down on the tray sliding under the lid, and to keep things in the tray from rattling.

View attachment 269350

For the underside of the rim, I placed the tray top down on the foam, traced its outline and cut. Then I flipped the foam and tray; tray bottom now on the peel-away paper side of the sticky foam. Lined the edges up and traced the outline of the the tray's walls/bottom. Cut. Peel. Stick. The rim was done.

The interior took a little more effort; traced the tray's bottom on the foam, cut it, figured out the thickness of the tray's wall (about 3.5mm), trimmed that much more off the tray liner, then installed the liner.

It was less than a week from ordering to installation. Here it is sound-dampened and installed.

View attachment 269351

Highly recommend this one!

View attachment 269345

View attachment 269350

View attachment 269351
Thanks for posting. Just ordered one