No new fuel tanks available?

So if the vent tube length is the only difference, why did you have to upgrade the fuel pump?

That was the reason for dropping the tank in the first place, it was time for a new pump. The only difference between the pumps is the fuel gauge, there is no reason to replace the pump with the extra 4 gallons.

If you enter your Jeep's VIN on this site you can determine what size fuel tank you actually have.

https://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/eqlisting_detail/session/L3Nuby8xL3RpbWUvMTQxNzg5NDMzOC9zaWQvUzV6Qm9lOW0=

Reactions: Robin Down
Mine is about 5 gallons off when the light comes on. I want a Genright 29 gallon but $1400 and $600 shipping will keep me from it for now.

Wow, didn't even know they made that. That would be awesome to have.

Can a 30 gallon tank actually fit under a TJ without hanging down much lower than the stock tank?

Can a 30 gallon tank actually fit under a TJ without hanging down much lower than the stock tank?

Gen Rite's largest tank for the TJ is 24.5, the larger one is for the LJ only. The 24.5 is advertised to take up the same space as the std 19.

Gen Rite's largest tank for the TJ is 24.5, the larger one is for the LJ only. The 24.5 is advertised to take up the same space as the std 19.

Wow... totally need one of these now. Thanks guys, for making me aware of another mod that I DO NOT need, but will likely end up buying at some point just because I want it.

I see this Fuel Tank issue has been thrown around and and around. With the last post looks like 2017. Well,.... Here it is 2024 and I hate to say this.. My 2003 Was throwing codes. The fill neck connected to the tank has somehow busted. The Mech is now gluing it with some polyresin fiber super razmataz stuff. I hear and have read about the "GenRight" fuel tank that a lot of people like. Not a bad option and to stay with the 19 Gal. It says it needs a 1 inch "Body" lift. My question is has anyone put one of these tanks in.. and does it really "NEED" that body lift. I have a 2.5 inch lift kit on mine. Hate to bring up an older thread.... But I did not see anyone posting they did this and what was the outcome.

Reactions: 4Lo4Sho and Chris