California NorCal Jeep adventures!

I have a question you guys might be able to help answer. I am ditching my big ass rear bumper for a flush mount with some D rings but I am a little concerned about landing on the rear corners now that they won't be protected. I have been looking at corners guards but I cant tell if they actually wrap under the corners and if they do would that even matter if you came down hard on them? Does anyone here have experience with this?

I have a question you guys might be able to help answer. I am ditching my big ass rear bumper for a flush mount with some D rings but I am a little concerned about landing on the rear corners now that they won't be protected. I have been looking at corners guards but I cant tell if they actually wrap under the corners and if they do would that even matter if you came down hard on them? Does anyone here have experience with this?

I don’t know of any corner armor that wraps under.

None that I’m aware of, I’ve smashed the tailpipe a few times but still haven’t managed to crush a corner.

Reactions: U8MYDZT
I only run 2 pounds of air in the spare which allows it to deform without damaging things (so far) I have hit the tire Really hard once in Moab on a very tall ledge drop-off, I was more concerned when the front dropped off that I would do a front stand. if you are concerned, get a carrier that keeps it high or some carry it inside

Reactions: U8MYDZT
I only run 2 pounds of air in the spare which allows it to deform without damaging things (so far) I have hit the tire Really hard once in Moab on a very tall ledge drop-off, I was more concerned when the front dropped off that I would do a front stand. if you are concerned, get a carrier that keeps it high or some carry it inside
This is exactly what I was thinking, just run the pressure low in the spare. I know it's not a guarantee but it good to know it has worked for others. If nothing else it gives you a softer landing in the back right? Lol (only joking)

Reactions: DrDmoney
Saw the shittiest Jeep ever today...
20200616_155542.jpg

Since you have pretty much the same bumper I am look to get, have you come down on your spare tire when dropping off a ledge?
The rear setup i have is similar to what your looking for, i haven't had my spare drop on anything although my druver corner has now been dropped on a rock twice. If you always have a good spotter and take smart lines you may be able to avoid it. Heres my damaged corner for you tho.
E384DBB1-F0CD-4532-9625-7E2234806CAE.jpeg

My Savvy corner armor should remedy the problem and is supposed to arrive sometime today!

Reactions: U8MYDZT and Alex01