California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Is there snow in tahoe yet? Dont think I can go sadly. Looking forward to seeing pics though!

Reactions: DrDmoney
I’d be up for that. Haven’t been up there since the Dixie fire.
Yeah it's been a few years for me as well. @Thunderhead and I went thru there a year before the Paradise fire. Hate to admit it, but I got us lost after we got to the southern end where the sign is. Ended up on a revolving loop of logging roads with locked gates. Good times.

Reactions: Thunderhead
Yeah it's been a few years for me as well. @Thunderhead and I went thru there a year before the Paradise fire. Hate to admit it, but I got us lost after we got to the southern end where the sign is. Ended up on a revolving loop of logging roads with locked gates. Good times.
Lol, getting lost can be fun!

Isn't Morris the one you need a buggy to get up to?
There’s several trails that are quite challenging, Morris, it’s a lot like many of the trails in Johnson Valley, very rocky and short. Saddle has a vertical wall that keeps most people out, Pipe Jam is another one. Most of the lakes you can drive a stock vehicle to right now because the forest service has an ongoing erosion control project that required them to fill in the gatekeepers in order to get their equipment in to perform the work. They’re supposed to restore the gatekeepers once the work is complete. It’s a several year project.

Reactions: D M and bobthetj03
There’s several trails that are quite challenging, Morris, it’s a lot like many of the trails in Johnson Valley, very rocky and short. Saddle has a vertical wall that keeps most people out, Pipe Jam is another one. Most of the lakes you can drive a stock vehicle to right now because the forest service has an ongoing erosion control project that required them to fill in the gatekeepers in order to get their equipment in to perform the work. They’re supposed to restore the gatekeepers once the work is complete. It’s a several year project.
I figured it would be a mess up there with the latest round of fires. Which end do you normally start at? I've only started at the northeast trailhead and go south. Never have taken Concow road to Philbrook Res. I go up past Magalia and go in that way.

I figured it would be a mess up there with the latest round of fires. Which end do you normally start at? I've only started at the northeast trailhead and go south. Never have taken Concow road to Philbrook Res. I go up past Magalia and go in that way.
I go up through Butte Meadows.

Reactions: bobthetj03