NV3550 and ChatGPT

What’s needed to run 35 tires on a TJ referencing WranglerTjforum.com:

While I apologize for any confusion, as an AI language model, I don't have direct access to specific websites like WranglerTjforum.com. However, I can provide you with some general information based on commonly discussed modifications for fitting 35" tires on a Jeep Wrangler TJ. Keep in mind that individual experiences and preferences may vary, so it's always best to consult multiple sources and seek advice from experienced Jeep enthusiasts.

Here are some additional considerations when fitting 35" tires on a Jeep Wrangler TJ, based on community discussions on forums like WranglerTjforum.com:

1. Suspension Lift: A suspension lift of around 3-4 inches is typically recommended to accommodate 35" tires. This lift height provides enough clearance and maintains suspension geometry.
  2. Body Lift: In some cases, a small body lift of 1-1.25 inches might be required to ensure proper tire clearance, especially during full suspension articulation.
  3. Fender Trimming: Trimming the stock fenders or installing aftermarket flat fender flares can help create additional space for the larger tires. This modification reduces the chance of rubbing and allows for greater tire articulation.
  4. Control Arms: Upgrading the control arms can help maintain proper alignment and improve suspension performance when running larger tires.
  5. Slip Yoke Eliminator (SYE): Installing a Slip Yoke Eliminator kit may be necessary to address driveline vibrations and ensure smooth operation, especially if you plan on using your Jeep for off-roading.
  6. Extended Driveshafts: Longer front and rear driveshafts may be required to accommodate the increased lift and prevent binding or damage.
  7. Steering Upgrades: Strengthening the steering components, such as upgrading to heavy-duty tie rod ends, drag links, and steering stabilizers, can enhance steering control and prevent any potential issues associated with larger tires.
  8. Gear Ratio: Consider re-gearing the differentials to a lower numerical ratio (higher numerically) to compensate for the larger tire size. This adjustment helps maintain power and performance, especially if your Jeep has stock gearing.
  9. Brake Upgrades: Enhancing the braking system with larger rotors and calipers can provide better stopping power and compensate for the increased weight and size of the tires.
Remember to consult with experienced Jeep owners, off-road shops, or Wrangler-specific forums to gather additional insights and recommendations based on real-world experiences. They can provide more detailed and personalized advice for fitting 35" tires on a Jeep Wrangler TJ.

As expected, it gives some good general info on things to consider, but the info lacks sufficient details...

Now if it could tell me the best oil for my tj it might be a good thing! Something tells me chat would just start smoking😂

My guess is if the site it's linked to has sponsors, that will be your answer. Ford is not going to connect an AI to thier help desk that tells the person to sell the POS and buy a Dodge.

• Haha
Reactions: TJ Jim
As expected, it gives some good general info on things to consider, but the info lacks sufficient details...

It will provide more details - you just need to ask follow up questions. For instance you can say, "Tell me more about gear ratios, why that is a concern and what are specific companies that make solutions to address this issue." The only downside is that ChatGPT is cut off at Sept 2021.

Reactions: MikeE024
It will provide more details - you just need to ask follow up questions. For instance you can say, "Tell me more about gear ratios, why that is a concern and what are specific companies that make solutions to address this issue." The only downside is that ChatGPT is cut off at Sept 2021.

Here is the more detailed Q&A about 35's from ChatGPT 4.0:

Me: What do I need to consider if I am adding 35" tires to a jeep wrangler TJ model

ChatGPT: Adding 35" tires to a Jeep Wrangler TJ can significantly improve off-road capabilities and appearance, but it's important to consider a few factors before making the upgrade. Here are some key points to keep in mind:

1. Suspension lift: To accommodate larger tires, you'll need to install a suspension lift kit. A minimum 4-inch lift is usually recommended for 35" tires, but you may need a higher lift depending on your specific Jeep and off-roading requirements.
  2. Gear ratio: Larger tires can decrease the performance and fuel efficiency of your Jeep due to the increased rotating mass. To compensate for this, you may need to re-gear your differentials. For a Jeep TJ with a manual transmission, a 4.56 or 4.88 gear ratio is typically recommended, while automatic transmissions may require a 4.88 or 5.13 ratio.
  3. Drivetrain and axle upgrades: The added weight and strain of larger tires can cause increased wear on your drivetrain components. Consider upgrading your axles, particularly the rear Dana 35, to a stronger Dana 44 or other aftermarket options. Additionally, you may need to upgrade or replace your driveshafts, u-joints, and transfer case to handle the additional torque and stress.
  4. Brake system: Bigger tires require more stopping power, so you may need to upgrade your brake system to ensure safety and optimal performance. Consider upgrading to larger diameter brake rotors and more aggressive brake pads.
  5. Steering components: The larger tires can put more stress on your steering system, potentially causing it to wear out faster. Upgrading to a heavy-duty steering setup, such as an aftermarket steering box and stronger tie rods, can help improve steering response and durability.
  6. Fender clearance: Depending on your suspension setup and tire width, you may need to trim or install aftermarket fender flares to provide adequate tire clearance and prevent rubbing.
  7. Speedometer calibration: Larger tires will affect your speedometer reading. To correct this, you may need to recalibrate the speedometer using a programmer or a new speedometer gear.
  8. Legal and insurance considerations: Check your local laws and regulations regarding vehicle modifications, as some areas may have restrictions on tire sizes and lift heights. Additionally, inform your insurance company of the modifications, as they may affect your coverage or rates.
  9. Cost: Upgrading to 35" tires and making all the necessary modifications can be expensive. Be prepared to budget for the cost of the tires, lift kit, and additional components and labor needed to complete the project.
By carefully considering these factors and ensuring that you make the necessary modifications, you can enjoy the benefits of larger tires while maintaining the safety and performance of your Jeep Wrangler TJ.

Me: Give me more detail about #2. Explain how gearing works int his regard and who are some companies & products that I should consider when changing my gearing.

ChatGPT: When upgrading to larger tires on your Jeep Wrangler TJ, changing the gear ratio is an essential step to maintain performance and fuel efficiency. Gearing refers to the mechanical advantage provided by the combination of the ring and pinion gears in your vehicle's differentials. The gear ratio is expressed as a number, which represents how many times the driveshaft must rotate to turn the axle and wheels one full turn.

When you install larger tires, the effective gear ratio changes, which can result in decreased acceleration, higher engine RPM at cruising speeds, and reduced fuel economy. Re-gearing helps to restore the balance between engine power and tire size, ensuring that your vehicle performs optimally.

Here are some reputable companies and products to consider when looking to re-gear your Jeep Wrangler TJ:
  1. G2 Axle & Gear: G2 offers a wide range of high-quality ring and pinion gear sets in various ratios for Jeep applications. Their gears are manufactured from high-strength materials to ensure durability and performance. The G2 gears come with a limited lifetime warranty.
  2. Yukon Gear & Axle: Yukon provides a variety of gear ratios for Jeep Wrangler TJs, using high-quality materials and precision manufacturing processes. They offer a one-year warranty on their gears and have a reputation for strength and reliability.
  3. Dana Spicer: As the original equipment manufacturer for many Jeep axles, Dana Spicer offers ring and pinion sets that match factory quality and performance. Their gear sets are made from high-quality materials and are designed to provide long-lasting performance.
  4. USA Standard Gear: This company offers a more budget-friendly option for ring and pinion sets while still maintaining good quality. They provide various gear ratios for Jeep applications and are backed by a one-year warranty.
  5. Revolution Gear & Axle: Revolution offers high-quality ring and pinion sets for Jeep Wrangler TJs, made from premium materials to ensure durability and performance. Their gears are designed using advanced technology and undergo rigorous quality testing.
When considering a gear change for your Jeep Wrangler TJ, it's essential to consult with a knowledgeable professional or reputable off-road shop, as the installation process requires specialized tools and expertise. They can help you select the appropriate gear ratio based on your specific tire size, transmission type, and intended use. Proper installation is crucial to ensure optimal performance and avoid premature wear or failure of your new gears.

Last edited:
So wontons and 4ds wasn't recommended by AI. Interesting. :unsure: :LOL:

Personally, I think the most detriment will be from people using it for things it's not at all competent at, but are fooled because it is good at stringing words together.

7ld88g.jpg

The biggest concern I saw is what it is starting to do to blue-collared jobs and the middle class.

I don't see blue-collar jobs being significantly threatened much by AI. It isn't a physical thing, and can't do physical work. I see AI as a threat to white-collar workers who rely on software systems for their job. I think AI has a real potential to gut the white-collar job market. The financial sector has been trying to use automated valuation models for 10-15 years now in an attempt "to streamline the process" :rolleyes:. AVMs (think Zillow) have cause significant issues, and I think we're starting to deal with the latest one now. They haven't gotten it right yet, but AI might advance that push and eliminate several jobs along the way if it can be proven.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
That’s what you get when you accept a ‘free’ $200 dollar thermometer from the utility and check the box required 😂.

I had a Nest thermometer when then they first came out. When Google bought them out I promptly uninstalled it and put the old one back in.

I avoid Google, Facebook, twitter like the plague. Unfortunately Amazon I use.

Last edited:
I don't see blue-collar jobs being significantly threatened much by AI. It isn't a physical thing, and can't do physical work. I see AI as a threat to white-collar workers who rely on software systems for their job. I think AI has a real potential to gut the white-collar job market. The financial sector has been trying to use automated valuation models for 10-15 years now in an attempt "to streamline the process" :rolleyes:. AVMs (think Zillow) have cause significant issues, and I think we're starting to deal with the latest one now. They haven't gotten it right yet, but AI might advance that push and eliminate several jobs along the way if it can be proven.

Yeah, that’s what I saw, it expanding into white collar jobs as well. I was including automation/robots in the blue-collar part. (Probably should’ve said that).

Yeah, that’s what I saw, it expanding into white collar jobs as well. I was including automation/robots in the blue-collar part. (Probably should’ve said that).

I'm looking into the cobot thing for my company. The labor market is just too unreliable to not be looking into automating the routine, "general labor" type jobs, such as loading and unloading machines, palletizing parts, etc.

Reactions: BlueC and Shank
I'm looking into the cobot thing for my company. The labor market is just too unreliable to not be looking into automating the routine, "general labor" type jobs, such as loading and unloading machines, palletizing parts, etc.

That’s exactly the problem, robots and automation and ai is all more reliable than humans, faster, more efficient, can work 24 hours a day, and eventually, it’ll probably become smarter than humans. Additionally, once it works, you don’t need to pay it. Obviously there’s maintenance costs, but in the end, it’s a lot less than it takes to pay people. It’s just such an obvious choice for many companies

Look at the 2 fully automated McDonald's. One in Texas. One in Nevada.

People order on an app and drive through to pick up the order.

I think there is one employee ( a manager) per shift. No hiring, no training, no dealing with no show employees, slackers, or quitters.

Pay the managers more and tech train them to fix things and load the machine.

Mundane white collar office entry work and lots of hourly jobs will disapear. I think a lot of warehouse and retail too. Order groceries and the warehouse bot fills the order for you to pick up.

Until automated drivers become the norm. Then trucking and delivery drivers are next. Trucks could run in their own lanes at lower speeds 24/7. Like a more flexible train that can turn off and make deliveries. Then a "call center" of drivers can drive them remotely like drones if needed.

Reactions: Austin O.
I'm anti-AI. It, quite frankly, scares the crap out of me. We have too many people out there that are pushing the envelope just to push the envelop and we're not thinking about the consequences of our actions.

If you really want it to go away, just convince a few liberal politicians that it is responsible for a few kid shootings and it will be gone tomorrow. But, like most well intentioned things, it will be perverted for bad and evil at some point if not already. Someone will find a way to SWAT a few .gov folks they have issues with and the problems will start.

That’s exactly the problem, robots and automation and ai is all more reliable than humans, faster, more efficient, can work 24 hours a day, and eventually, it’ll probably become smarter than humans. Additionally, once it works, you don’t need to pay it. Obviously there’s maintenance costs, but in the end, it’s a lot less than it takes to pay people. It’s just such an obvious choice for many companies

I watch a few factory shows on TV. The amount of automation they have on the pick and place packaging side to build pallets of goods is astounding.

I had a Nest thermometer when then they first came out. When Google bought them out I promptly uninstalled it and put the old one back in.

I avoid Google, Facebook, twitter like the plague. Unfortunately Amazon I use.

When Colorado nest started limiting your home control I removed my nest thermostat. My understanding is when it got cold nest took over and limited how warm you could warm your home. True or false I don’t care. They know too much about me now. My nest did try to help me with my summer temps to SAVE me money, against my wishes.

When Colorado nest started limiting your home control I removed my nest thermostat. My understanding is when it got cold nest took over and limited how warm you could warm your home. True or false I don’t care. They know too much about me now. My nest did try to help me with my summer temps to SAVE me money, against my wishes.

It takes all of 10 minutes to switch back thermostats, I'll take the convenience of the Nest until it becomes a problem for me.

It takes all of 10 minutes to switch back thermostats, I'll take the convenience of the Nest until it becomes a problem for me.

How long does it take to remove the data collected on you and those in your house? :unsure:

• Wow