Odd Tire Picture Request

Here is a better picture of the wheels, just before I put the new tires on and just before I took the Bushwhacker fender flares off.View attachment 17859
I've never been a big fan of black wheels, but on your rig, they look great with all the other black accents! Nice TJ. It'd be very helpful if you wouldn't mind filling out your profile, that way folks could see what you have, and it would be very informative...

Here is a better picture of the wheels, just before I put the new tires on and just before I took the Bushwhacker fender flares off.View attachment 17859

Are those just plain Rubicon flares? The color looks awesome.....

I'm used to my '02 factory flares that have a texture and aren't as rich in color as yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent the wrong picture this the better one showing the wheels better and just before I took of the Bushwhacker flares. Found some flares of a Sahara (same as the Rubicon) flares, an inch wider then stock. The flares weren't that pretty when I got them. Bobtj03 painted them for me :).
IMG_20161227_114846045_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Jon Down and ac_
When you say your terrain what kind of trails are you ridding? I'm in the southeast and fight the clay line when on the trails.
Sorry about taking so long to respond. I've been out of town for awhile.

The trails around here are dirt over rock, mostly. The dirt is fine sediment with pine needles mixed in that turns to snot when wet. All of the trails are steep and narrow, with not a lot of wiggle room to work with. You have to go slow to dodge the trees or you end up playing pin ball with your Jeep?

New 33x10.50R15s TODAY !!! On stock 15x7 Wrangler Steel Spokers. With a STOCK Rubi suspension, NO lift but an AEV HighLine which gives massive wheel wells. They do rub on the lower control arm so will adjust the steering stops AND maybe look for some after market offset lower control arms.

Next job will be to narrow the AEV flares from 6" to 3".

BFG KO2s 001.jpg

This is a completely stock Rubi suspension zero lift. 33x10.50x15 KOs. On 15x7 stock Jeep rims with 5.5" backspace.

Went out to do some articulation and have ended up with 2 washers per side.

TJ SHIM.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58
That was last week... Beautiful blue skies. I think this week while the skies will be blue the sunsets will be blood red. BC is on fire again. Mostly from lightning without rain. But some caused by stupid humans. Most of the province is under campfire bans starting today.

New 33x10.50R15s TODAY !!! On stock 15x7 Wrangler Steel Spokers. With a STOCK Rubi suspension, NO lift but an AEV HighLine which gives massive wheel wells. They do rub on the lower control arm so will adjust the steering stops AND maybe look for some after market offset lower control arms.

Next job will be to narrow the AEV flares from 6" to 3".

View attachment 18380
If you don't want to trim the AEV fenders I'd glad buy them from you ;)

You are missing all the cracks.... one is visible on the front right but the front left is worse. But no, I want them, just that I prefer a "narrow" TJ for my wheelin'.

Reactions: StG58