Official Craigslist Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that armor makes me cringe lol. I hate it honestly.

I think it depends what you’re looking for there’s probably 15k worth of upgrades on the Jeep. I agree about the corner and tailgate armor and I’d paint the other aluminum. Body match above the rocker step, powder coat front and rear bumper. Put back regular fenders and flares and it’s good to go and very capable.

I think it depends what you’re looking for there’s probably 15k worth of upgrades on the Jeep. I agree about the corner and tailgate armor and I’d paint the other aluminum.
I would just worry about rust happening because of it. At least body color match it. Stainless on a Jeep just looks weird to me

Reactions: Chris
I would just worry about rust happening because of it. At least body color match it. Stainless on a Jeep just looks weird to me

Agreed but painted well and remove most of the tub armor and it’d look awesome.Id probably be buying a lot of those upgrades and it’s a steal at 20k if that’s the route you’re going.

Agreed but painted well and remove most of the tub armor and it’d look awesome.Id probably be buying a lot of those upgrades and it’s a steal at 20k if that’s the route you’re going.

Savvy armor is all aluminum (besides the step on the rockers if I remember correctly) so no rust there! If it was steel, I wouldn't like it either.

The aluminum corners have grown on me but I prefer the types that incorporate flares. I think it goes back to what your looking to get out of the jeep, I don't think mine will ever go that route but if you need that armor /rear space based on the type of wheeling then it's a worthy mod. I wouldn't do it for looks only.

I really like the Rub Rails built into the corners

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The aluminum corners have grown on me but I prefer the types that incorporate flares. I think it goes back to what your looking to get out of the jeep, I don't think mine will ever go that route but if you need that armor /rear space based on the type of wheeling then it's a worthy mod. I wouldn't do it for looks only.

I really like the Rub Rails built into the corners

I agree! I'm a big fan of what Genright has to offer. Thats what I plan to put on my Jeep in a few years. I've attached a photo of the genright fenders and armor (on what is probably my favorite TJ, its even a manual if I remember correctly!). I plan to build my TJ into something like this, but with either 35's or 37's. I have no need for the 40's or 42's that are on this one!

37939752_249624129098646_5092213337530302464_n.jpg

Reactions: Kathy and IPerkWVU
I agree! I'm a big fan of what Genright has to offer. Thats what I plan to put on my Jeep in a few years. I've attached a photo of the genright fenders and armor (on what is probably my favorite TJ, its even a manual if I remember correctly!).

View attachment 50090
GenRight builds some awesome rigs.

Reactions: jodomcfrodo

I agree. Never liked that raw look personally. Maybe that’s just me being snobby.

Oh a manual vs auto side topic.... I have never been in a traffic jam, on a rock, or on a steep enough hill that by then end I would ever seriously consider trading my manual for an auto. I have had 5 manual cars and the only autos have been trucks. I will admit that an auto would make crawling easier since you have more control going up and down rocks but I just really enjoy the challenge and connection with the vehicle that a manual gives you. We are on a family trip to costa rica right now and they gave me a free upgrade to a auto corolla. I'm rocking the manual Yaris ;)

Glad to know that the LJ market should be soft on standard transmissions though. :p

Reactions: JeepZilla380
I agree! I'm a big fan of what Genright has to offer. Thats what I plan to put on my Jeep in a few years. I've attached a photo of the genright fenders and armor (on what is probably my favorite TJ, its even a manual if I remember correctly!). I plan to build my TJ into something like this, but with either 35's or 37's. I have no need for the 40's or 42's that are on this one!

View attachment 50090

While I think this rig looks awesome I couldn't own it. I feel I could never live up to the expectations one would have for the owner of such a fine rig lol.

While I think this rig looks awesome I couldn't own it. I feel I could never live up to the expectations one would have for the owner of such a fine rig lol.

Haha I'm in the same boat. I follow him on instagram and he wheels that Jeep hard! He's even rolled it once if I remember correctly. I'm just shocked at how clean he is able to keep it. It sure is nice to look at whether its in a parking lot or on a trail!

This photo is what really made me love this Jeep.
37134181_280156586136216_1612546626629402624_n.jpg

Reactions: Daryl and IPerkWVU
Haha I'm in the same boat. I follow him on instagram and he wheels that Jeep hard! He's even rolled it once if I remember correctly. I'm just shocked at how clean he is able to keep it. It sure is nice to look at whether its in a parking lot or on a trail!

This photo is what really made me love this Jeep.
View attachment 50096
I'm happy to hear its used hard. Hard to believe its thrashed around it looks like a sema build to me. Best looking use of the raw aluminum look that I have seen. I really like the chrome touches as well.

I'm happy to hear its used hard. Hard to believe its thrashed around it looks like a sema build to me. Best looking use of the raw aluminum look that I have seen. I really like the chrome touches as well.

I hate seeing super nice builds that aren't taken off-road. Half the reason I like this build so much is because its proven off-road.

Heres his instagram if anyones interested: https://www.instagram.com/jperks87/

Reactions: Boinked
Status
Not open for further replies.