Utah Official TJ Fest 2023 Thread

That's most of my videos. If I find a few others I'll post, but for now I wanted to leave you with a few things:

I learned some driving skills. When you first start wheeling you are on an exponential climb in learning, but over time things level out and learning new things is fewer and father between. I did learn 2-3 things, so I'm happy to have those in my bag of skills.

I have a view of spotting where I appreciate it, but I also know the value of a mature driver and what he is feeling on all four tires, diffs, skid plates, frame, et. al. I always know exactly what is hitting because the sounds are distinct. I am used to my rig, tire size, and know my skill level, so if I disregard your spotting or ask if I can try something, please don't be offended. This is the way I wheel. If I flop my rig, that is on me. I am stubborn too. I have always been like this.

I found my limit. I didn't know I had one. I was not comfortable on Pritchett. I wanted to enjoy it, and I did enjoy places, but I met my limit of what I am interested in doing IN THIS RIG. That does not mean that if I built another rig I wouldn't be comfortable on Pritchett. I watched a lot of rigs and came away saying, "I'm not interested in building my rig further. This platform has it's limits, and I'm not willing to drive certain obstacles in this platform that would risk a total loss." This is my daily driver. I'm completely settled with my decision. It means I can look at other options or continue to enjoy my rig as it is with the minor adjustments I will make. It can do almost any trail in the world. On that note, I want to add that the stability of Jeff's stretched LJ is pretty awesome. I loved watching every second of it, and if I were him I'd keep driving just the way he drives it.

I could hang with you Sir.

Reactions: JMT and lBasket
That's most of my videos. If I find a few others I'll post, but for now I wanted to leave you with a few things:

I learned some driving skills. When you first start wheeling you are on an exponential climb in learning, but over time things level out and learning new things is fewer and father between. I did learn 2-3 things, so I'm happy to have those in my bag of skills.

I have a view of spotting where I appreciate it, but I also know the value of a mature driver and what he is feeling on all four tires, diffs, skid plates, frame, et. al. I always know exactly what is hitting because the sounds are distinct. I am used to my rig, tire size, and know my skill level, so if I disregard your spotting or ask if I can try something, please don't be offended. This is the way I wheel. If I flop my rig, that is on me. I am stubborn too. I have always been like this.

I found my limit. I didn't know I had one. I was not comfortable on Pritchett. I wanted to enjoy it, and I did enjoy places, but I met my limit of what I am interested in doing IN THIS RIG. That does not mean that if I built another rig I wouldn't be comfortable on Pritchett. I watched a lot of rigs and came away saying, "I'm not interested in building my rig further. This platform has it's limits, and I'm not willing to drive certain obstacles in this platform that would risk a total loss." This is my daily driver. I'm completely settled with my decision. It means I can look at other options or continue to enjoy my rig as it is with the minor adjustments I will make. It can do almost any trail in the world. On that note, I want to add that the stability of Jeff's stretched LJ is pretty awesome. I loved watching every second of it, and if I were him I'd keep driving just the way he drives it.

I know it’s changed so I’m saying this based on not knowing what you had to do.

The second time I ran Pritchett it became my favorite trail. Mrs App’s also.

I’d like to run it backwards and skip the trail out though.

Big tires can mask many sins.

Yes they do. I can attest to that with going from 33" then to 35" and finally 38" (OK they were only 36.3") but the differences are very noticeable.
And I did Moab one year on 35" and the next on 38" tires.

Remember the lifted trucks on 44" tyres? Those seem small now.

But they were mainly SHOW rigs. The first time I saw a rig on 54" tires I about fell over. But I also knew someone who DD a Jeep pickup on 44" tires.

• Love
Reactions: RINC
Is cliffhanger hard? Be cool to do some new stuff but I haven't done anything to my Jeep this year sadly

Build your confidence up on easier trails and watch people not-roll the first day or two :)

It has a couple spots that could give you trouble but I think you could do it.

• USA Proud
Reactions: lBasket
Ok, we do cliff hanger!!!

I’m good with Cliffhanger.

I am very willing to do Pritchett again. I think it was a combination of things. I’d been camping out for 7 nights straight. Several days wheeling in a row. I was tired. Roll over the day before. Lots of other things all piled up.

The exit does suck. Especially in killer pelting sand.

Always got the winch

It’s encouraging if you also have a nice wench.

200.gif