Utah Official TJ Fest 2024

Wildman

Over Analyzer Extraordinaire...............
Staff Member
Supporting Member
OK folks throw some dates out there as to when you'd all like it to happen.

April 21-27?
May 12-18
Other Dates? How many folks are interested in coming?

Reactions: NOTNSUV
OK folks throw some dates out there as to when you'd all like it to happen.

April 21-27?
May 12-18
Other Dates? How many folks are interested in coming?

I talked the talk but didn't take the walk in '23. Hoping to make it happen in '24.
I should be fairly flexible on dates.

Reactions: Wildman
April 21-27 works for me.

Hope we can wheel with you again a couple of days this year! Was fun last year! 👍

1000003462.jpg

Reactions: Roadcapt
Recruiting a couple local TJ buddies for this outing. Also, I'm encouraging them to join the forum. They've both done MOAB but I'm most excited to meet new folks with all their experience.
Will start on the camping/motel search as soon as dates are firmed up.

Do folks generally come on day 1 (April 21) and leave on the last day listed (27th)? Or come a day early?
Otherwise stated: is day 1 prep for full day of wheeling on day 2? I know it varies per individual but I'd not want to miss a full day of wheeling with folks who know the area but might not be able to stay the full week either.
Obtuse enough?

Not sure what all want to do, but I was planning on arrival on Sun Apr 21 and be ready to go on Mon-Sat Leave Sun morn ??

Schedule can be flexible on arrive and depart, roger ??

Added: Have reservation at the Sun Outdoors campground in downtown Moab, 555 S Main St for Apr 21-28
Who all is thinking/planning on going then ?? Can exchange emails and cell phone #'s ??

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman and NOTNSUV
Do folks generally come on day 1 (April 21) and leave on the last day listed (27th)? Or come a day early?
Otherwise stated: is day 1 prep for full day of wheeling on day 2? I know it varies per individual but I'd not want to miss a full day of wheeling with folks who know the area but might not be able to stay the full week either.
Obtuse enough?

We're planning to arrive 4/20 and depart 4/27 and this departure date is due to traffic to/from flows better returning on a Sunday home.

Not sure what all want to do, but I was planning on arrival on Sun Apr 21 and be ready to go on Mon-Sat Leave Sun morn ??

Schedule can be flexible on arrive and depart, roger ??

Added: Have reservation at the Sun Outdoors campground in downtown Moab, 555 S Main St for Apr 21-28
Who all is thinking/planning on going then ?? Can exchange emails and cell phone #'s ??

We plan to arrive 4/20, depart 4/27 and this departure date is due to traffic to/from flows better returning on a Sunday. This will be our third trip to Moab. Prior trips we ran: Hell's Revenge, Fin's & Things, 7-Mile Rim, Poison Spider, Top of the World, & Shafer Switchbacks. This year were thinking of easy to moderate trails. I'll message you my email and phone #. We have reservations at OKRV Park.

Still in the works?
21-27 for me.
Looking at a cabin or tent site Sun Downtown or Canyonlands.
Have booked a cabin at Canyonlands for wife and twin grandkids for the June TJ fun and considering April as well by myself or a local TJ pal. Bring the heavy bag and Little Buddy along with a cot. Should be warmer than elk hunting season 😉.

Still in the works?
21-27 for me.
Looking at a cabin or tent site Sun Downtown or Canyonlands.
Have booked a cabin at Canyonlands for wife and twin grandkids for the June TJ fun and considering April as well by myself or a local TJ pal. Bring the heavy bag and Little Buddy along with a cot. Should be warmer than elk hunting season 😉.

It's usually a pretty loose deal. Just keep in contact with those that have indicated they're going to be there. Arrange your adventures with whatever group that's hitting the trails you're interested in. Usually there's a couple of groups, each going to a different level of trail.
We enjoyed and had a lot of fun with the group we wheeled with last year!

We plan to arrive 4/20, depart 4/27 and this departure date is due to traffic to/from flows better returning on a Sunday. This will be our third trip to Moab. Prior trips we ran: Hell's Revenge, Fin's & Things, 7-Mile Rim, Poison Spider, Top of the World, & Shafer Switchbacks.
This year were thinking of easy to moderate trails. I'll message you my email and phone #. We have reservations at OKRV Park.

Just reserved a tent site for same dates (4/20 - 4/27) Sun Downtown. They want $10/day per vehicle in overflow parking. That means pickup and flatbed trailer cost $20/day to park.. yikes. And they allow only 1 rig at the campsite.
Since I'll be solo this trip and tenting I could just man up and drive the LJ with a full load.. 8-ish hours.

Guess I'm still tentative but it sure won't happen without some kind of reservations well ahead.

Reactions: Wildman
Just reserved a tent site for same dates (4/20 - 4/27) Sun Downtown. They want $10/day per vehicle in overflow parking. That means pickup and flatbed trailer cost $20/day to park.. yikes. And they allow only 1 rig at the campsite.
Since I'll be solo this trip and tenting I could just man up and drive the LJ with a full load.. 8-ish hours.

Guess I'm still tentative but it sure won't happen without some kind of reservations well ahead.

WOW New management has sure changed things. That is crazy. I'd call and make sure on stuff. Used to be a good park to stay at.