Oil pan skid plate recommendation?

Installed a UCF aluminum skid last month. Haven’t hit it on anything yet though. Install was straightforward.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
The better option would be to run a full skid. Skid row, savvy, and I believe UFC offer the surfboard style. The one MC offers-- the corners can still snag and rip off depending on terrain. Plus, if I am not mistaken, their skid bolts to the engine block. If you come down hard enough thats not an area I would want to take the blow.

Agreed with all. Go with the oil pan transmission skid. Bolts to the motor mounts.

I originally bought the Metalcloak, but returned it after I saw how it bolted up to the bell housing of my transmission. I then bought the Skid Row engine skid that has the added benefit of protecting not only the oil pan but also the transmission pan. It runs back and attaches to the transfer case skid plate.

Reactions: nk24 and jazngab
If you have an automatic trans and, or plan to be Billie Bad Ass in the rocks, go for the full surfboard style for oil pan, trany pan coverage. If funds are tight, The MC oil pan skid fits well, but only covers the oil pan, which is better than no coverage at all.

I bought the teraflex to fill an immediate need of protection but long term I plan to add a UCF engine skid. That oil pan is super vulnerable. I liked the edges/corner design of the teraflex slightly more than the metalcloak.

I run the MC oil skid, which is essentially the same as the Terraflex and Nth Degree model. Its suited my needs. How hard do you play in the rocks? +1 on the install, the threads needed a good cleaning on my motor block before it would bolt on.

I have been using Rokmens skid for yrs. 1st on my 99 tj, an adjusted it to work with stock belly pan and on my 06 with the nth belly pan.

I also have the Teraflex engine and auto trans skid. Bolted to my UCF tummy tuck. I wheel the desert and lots of rocks. Never had an issue, but... I have never hit it on anything, but I rarely hit the tummy tuck either.
The surf board style is a giant and unnecessary visual component blocker for my personal taste. But I may regret that opinion some day.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
I bought a used Warn 65020 skid plate for mine. It bolts to the transfer case skid and runs up to the front of the oil pan, and bolts to the control arm mounts.

I run the MC oil skid, which is essentially the same as the Terraflex and Nth Degree model. Its suited my needs. How hard do you play in the rocks? +1 on the install, the threads needed a good cleaning on my motor block before it would bolt on.
well Im down in mississippi and we have a few trails around in neighboring States that have some rocks and mud and hills and water crossings but there are always the easy way around and the hard way. I just really want to get my oil pan covered. Ive already done the belly up skid and everything , but the oil pan is just sticking out there waiting to get knocked off

Reactions: JeepZilla380
I'm looking too and leaning toward the Savvy aluminum to save weight. I was surprised to crawl under and find a couple (small) dents in my oil pan, I didn't notice it when I did it so need to add a surfboard sooner rather than later.

I added the Tereflex 4667100 HD oil pan skid plate kit to my 2002 TJ for around $130. I was not sure which full / semi-full skidplate I wanted so I picked this up short-term figuring I could sell it later. It bolted on easy enough with a bit of patience and stayed in place and did its job even after getting a fit hits (no eat rattlers).