Ok, what are you cooking?

astjp2

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
With everyone seeming to be cooped up at home, is anybody doing any cooking?
Got the grill out and did burgers mixed with jimmy dean sausage, add some a1, onion and cheese! 8 minutes per side, oak chips wrapped in foil and dinner!

65B66849-DB8C-4949-8B04-2A74BC41FF11.jpeg

Sounds good! Did steaks and pork loin on the grill tonight to hold us for a few days.

Ham & eggs + toast. Then some dark chocolate covered toffee, and a few tokes from the pipe.
Oh and a diet 7up.

Reactions: Vasq
Did some Macadamia Nut Mahi Mahi, turned out great add some Mango Salsa Yum. I know I need to eat more fish found this on Food Network Website

Just a regular Monday for me.

Last night I whipped up a quick lobster paired with a nice Miyazaki wagyu ribeye. It was alright, coulda used more ketchup though.

1585662967542.png

For desert I figured I might as well put my 24 carat edible gold sheets to use (finally), so I drizzled them over fine Italian chocolate, vanilla beans from Uganda and, and melted the rest for dipping strawberries. It was a little too sweet for my taste though so I ended up tossing most of it.

1585663174404.png

While the family and I hid in the PA house last weekend I got a chance to play with my little Blackstone grill/griddle....bacon, sausage and hash browns for breakfast and cheese steaks for lunch. Cheese steak roll was kind of weak but grabbed what aldi had on hand. I added some pickled Habanero peppers to mine as well.
BREAKFAST.JPG
CHEESE STEAK 1.JPG
CHEESE STEAK 2.JPG
CHEESE STEAK 3.JPG

Cooking up some spaghetti with venison meat tonight for me and my gf. Two nights ago was steak, Mac and cheese, and potato salad. Last night was some juicy hamburgers and broccoli, noodles with cheese.

So far were eating pretty good!

Reactions: TJ Starting
While the family and I hid in the PA house last weekend I got a chance to play with my little Blackstone grill/griddle....bacon, sausage and hash browns for breakfast and cheese steaks for lunch. Cheese steak roll was kind of weak but grabbed what aldi had on hand. I added some pickled Habanero peppers to mine as well.
View attachment 149573View attachment 149574View attachment 149575View attachment 149576

How you like that thing? I was thinking about getting one of those flat griddle contraptions. Does it get hot enough to sear?

We had a hamhock in the freezer left over from the Xmas dinner ham, so wifey whipped up some hamhock soup with potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, and an assortment of beans. Complimented it with baked cornbread muffins.

Last night I bbq'd a tri tip. I got sidetracked and left it on the grill longer than I would have liked. Still tasted fine, just not as rare.

How you like that thing? I was thinking about getting one of those flat griddle contraptions. Does it get hot enough to sear?
that little one will work on smash burgers but If I need to reverse sear a tri-tip I will fire up the charcoal side, for a $100 it works great in the house I have in PA. For my main house here in NY I got the 36" camp chef and it gets hot as hell.
camp chef1.JPG
fajita4.JPG
fajita6.JPG

Reactions: qslim
that little one will work on smash burgers but If I need to reverse sear a tri-tip I will fire up the charcoal side, for a $100 it works great in the house I have in PA. For my main house here in NY I got the 36" camp chef and it gets hot as hell.
View attachment 149673View attachment 149674View attachment 149675

So that camp chef can sear something up pretty good? I don't really do steaks much anymore and get by just fine w/ my pellet smoker & propane grill, but when I do want a steak I like a nice crust. It'd be good if I could do it outside and not smoke up the house.

So that camp chef can sear something up pretty good? I don't really do steaks much anymore and get by just fine w/ my pellet smoker & propane grill, but when I do want a steak I like a nice crust. It'd be good if I could do it outside and not smoke up the house.
I would not buy a griddle just for searing...a gasser will work better for that. I love the griddle for veggies, gyro meat, burgers, fajitas, cheese steaks and breakfast. It is just really fun to take the mess outside.

I will get tri-tips or other roasts and smoke them to about 110 deg internal temp on my smoker, then freeze. Later I will then cook them in my sous vide to 132 deg and do a quick reverse sear on the grill.