Old Town Road?

I've tried, but I can't stomach it. Apart from them singing about horses idk what the hell makes it country.

That's the first time I've seen it- I liked it because it's a finger in the eye of all this new country pop crap. There were a couple of moments that I laughed out loud, but the "music" is not my taste at all. Love Chris Rock in it.

Reactions: DrDmoney and jjvw
I've tried, but I can't stomach it. Apart from them singing about horses idk what the hell makes it country.
The addition of BRC is what makes it country apparently, as it was originally released without out him and it was a Lil Nas X song exclusively. The country music people would not allow it on their chart as they said the same thing, what makes this country? Then he added BRC to the mix and BAM! Instant "country" song. Literally, i'm not making this up, that how it went down. As you can see that song is the "remix".

Now this song is basically the biggest song ever.

• Haha
Reactions: A. Paul
One of the things I enjoy about all of this is that suburban white people have been doing the rap country blues thing since at least 1996. ;)

There is a rabbit hole to follow here.

Last edited:
And here is a nice genre mash up from 1971. It even has an early drum machine. Sly Stone had lots of interesting country and folk elements to his early funk.

Fucking Jeep Gang.
I really like old town road and every time I think “Fucking billy ray cyrus”

Right?!!! Billy Ray Cyrus. The biggest dork from my 20's. Everytime that song came on the radio I cringed and changed the channel. Now he's cool. Probably because of his daughter. But you got to give it to him. At least he's relevant again. And ditched that stupid haircut. lol.

good song
takes me back 45 years

Classic movie! From back when political correctness wasn’t around to cause unnecessary problems. My mother and stepfather walked out during the fart scene, we stayed for the whole movie and hitchhiked home.

Reactions: fuse
You can't forget about this one. A buddy showed this to me last fall and I think this is the precursor to old town road. Little more explicit...

• Haha
Reactions: Powdermonkey
You can't forget about this one. A buddy showed this to me last fall and I think this is the precursor to old town road. Little more explicit...

And that's an example of why Old Town Road is easy for the whole family to like. :)