One of the main reasons I love these TJs

Oh and I love the open air riding the last 3 weeks. It decided to rain this week, so I only got 2 days in. Bummer.

add me as another who just likes to get in a cruise. I can have the worst, most stressful day ever. Leave work pissed off at everyone. I throw the top off, hop in and start driving. Pretty soon, the corners of my mouth are twitchy and not long after, a full on smile takes over. I've had bikes too, but the jeep just does it for me.
I’ve never seen anyone cry and drive a jeep at the same time, its like being sad and playing a banjo...can’t happen.

One of our Citys’ overlooks, not the best one...Montesano is the best one, but that view is all owned by private residents.

They all look better over a TJ hood.

8ABB64CA-0A04-446C-B50A-D8901F557B68.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes! gave up the Harley several years ago for same exact reason. Jeep is as close as you can get.
My Triumph is under cover and I sold my Bobber! So I bought a TJ :) The reason I gave up riding was duel red light cameras. Everyone slams on their brakes at lights! This is murder for trucks too as they cant just stop on a dime! Not sure if you have duel red light cameras in US? If you dont get all the way across before it turns red you get done, if you speed up to make it through you get done!

After a long day of first world problems, the framer disappeared at one job, the city flood zone map doesn’t coincide with a clients written letter from engineering, another client being indecisive, everything on back order, etc.... to come home to an 80 degree night and clear my head with the top down really does it for me.

Most of our “problems “ in this country are just hassles, and what we can afford to do to escape is beyond a dream to many people all over the world.

I know you can wheel them hard and daily drive them and everything else , but to me , slipping out and with the TJ, the summer night air, a good CD and some back roads does me a ton of good. Any of you guys with me on this?

View attachment 261188
100%, sometimes nothing is better than an easy ride!

Love my bikes and jeep. sometimes cant choose which one. at 61 im glad i have both.
Can't do the bikes...
Too much wildlife in Western PA...
Deer will literally pop out of nowhere and run right the fuck into you.

I do always have doors off on the Jeep and will never wear a seat belt.

I was in an accident one time and lack of seat belt saved my life.
I'm not suggesting a belt is bad but they can be a negative too. You just never hear about those situations.

It's 6 to 5 and pick em'

Reactions: John Cooper
My favorite thing is the crisp air hitting the face.

I hate the heat (t-shirt weather starts at 50° for me) 48° if it's sunny..
Anyways a nice cool summer evening/night...cool fall day...
Absolutely love that air hitting the face. All is right in the world at that moment.

i’m thankful for owning a TJ and having these experiences when i’m young to look back on and not take for granted. i just remember how excited i was the last day of school to take the Jeep with no doors or top and have everyone look jealous. Owning it can be a headache but i don’t think i can ever part with it. At the beach people constantly compliment and say how lucky I am. They probably think it’s my parents car lol but nothing is more therapeutic than a night ride downtown listening to music and being one with it.

Yes, I feel the same as OP. I load the kids up often at dusk and head down the back roads in big timber just cruising a loop as the moon rises. I don't even mind commuting in traffic in the jeep.

532D3932-961A-41E0-84B9-97376C50CA44.jpeg

i totally agree with most of these comments.. I can sit outside and just look at it and I feel better.. and I can usually talk my boy into washing it cause he likes driving it also👍🏻

I was going back and forth between the TJ and the yj. Ultimately I wanted the TJ, it I still eye the YJ for it’s simplicity and the fact so many people dislike it :)
I’ve got a bunch of buddies in YJ’s that wheel circles around me. It’s all how you build it, no matter what it is. Well, except for the headlights…

Reactions: Jim King