One of the main reasons I love these TJs

I've been impressed by the TJ since 1997. It wasn't until 2020 that I finally bought one, and I love it.
An '89 YJ caught my eye first. It was sitting in a reclaim yard covered with about 18 inches of snow. Guess I felt sorry for it. It really lived up to the Jeep acronym "just empty every pocket" ! The Peugeot tranny was crap, and all the mandatory emission plumbing on it was a constant source of vacuum leaks. It became a real joy after installing a 350 SBC and an AX15 transmission. Alas, I let it go to make room for a '29 McLaughlin-Buick.
The TJ is a nice BC rust free vehicle, and as I have posted before, it's a keeper. I agree with many of the posters on this thread that it's like stepping back in time driving it with half doors and curtains off. Sort of similar to driving my 1921 Chevy, but without the vagaries of a leather cone clutch and manual spark advance.

Reactions: harbiison
And this ...my grandson, cutest pilot ever.

7DE8A765-2519-4BFE-9C1F-DDE4F64F0DFA.jpeg

where would one find those clear indicators?
There is a chance I got those through our local four-wheel-drive shop and I’m not sure who they deal with mostly but I’m thinking that’s what I did.

I can’t remember if they’re called clear or white I just wanted them to be a little less obvious that is probably the only thing about the TJ that I’m not crazy about is the size of the turn signal in the fenders but it does make them easy to identify at night

Reactions: harbiison
After a long day of first world problems, the framer disappeared at one job, the city flood zone map doesn’t coincide with a clients written letter from engineering, another client being indecisive, everything on back order, etc.... to come home to an 80 degree night and clear my head with the top down really does it for me.

Most of our “problems “ in this country are just hassles, and what we can afford to do to escape is beyond a dream to many people all over the world.

I know you can wheel them hard and daily drive them and everything else , but to me , slipping out and with the TJ, the summer night air, a good CD and some back roads does me a ton of good. Any of you guys with me on this?

View attachment 261188
I’m with you all the way!

Reactions: tjmaciii and AndyG
Agree 100%. There isn't anything better than being able to look up and see the stars in the night sky while you feel the breeze on your skin driving offroad or on the pavement. Going on a drive to relax, wind down or cool off is a go-to for me, too.