Opinion on grille inserts?

Ok I have another question is there hidden figures on the Jeeps ?
Also known as "Easter eggs" the TJ doesn't have them the same way the JK, JL and JT do. The only only TJ "Easter egg" noted that I'm aware of is the seven slots of the cowl air intake.

I bought the inserts the day after hitting a swarm of bees on the highway. I'm still picking bugs out of the radiator. Super easy snap in, no glue strips or tools required.

Still haven't pulled the trigger on painting the chrome headlight bezels black to match grill and headlights (I have LED halo headlights). Seems weird to only have chrome in one spot but I don't hate it.

My TJ came with them and I initially liked them. Since then, I pulled them out and much prefer the naked look and function. I never had the heating issues some worry about, but any restriction of air flow could have an impact if something happened to the cooling system.

Depending on your Jeep's color, I think they can really add a nice accent to the grille! Love mine, and they just snap in also, 5 mins and your done. One of the best mods for a cheap price.
IMG_1246.JPG

IMG_1247.JPG

Reactions: SaharaKev and Zorba
They will reduce your cooling air flow---TJ's run hot so why make it worse?

I dont believe they would reduce the airflow enough to effect cooling at all. My jeep runs below 210 even on the hottest days we've had this summer with the A/C on high in stop and go traffic. Many vehicles come with some form of decorative grills similar to these with zero problems.

If your jeep is running hot, you have a coolant system problem, not a plastic grill insert problem.

Wish Id've read this thread earlier.......I have wondered why my Jeep has been overheating, couldnt figure it out and was almost ready to buy a new radiator, possibly install an electric fan, ect. I pulled out the grille inserts that my sweet wife had given me for valentines day and viola!!! No more overheating issues!

Reactions: Chris
I think I had my Jeep for a year or two before I realized I had inserts, I'm not sure if I didn't notice them or if I thought that's what it looked like out of the factory... (first TJ). But once I realized they were added on I had been so used to them it didn't occur to me to remove them, though lately I've been wondering what it'd look like without them, I've thought about pulling them off but I have a feeling I won't like it & I'll have broken at least one if not more yanking them out :rolleyes: so I keep talking myself out of it.

Mine are just the trim:

warn.JPG

Reactions: TJ Starting
I think I had my Jeep for a year or two before I realized I had inserts, I'm not sure if I didn't notice them or if I thought that's what it looked like out of the factory... (first TJ). But once I realized they were added on I had been so used to them it didn't occur to me to remove them, though lately I've been wondering what it'd look like without them, I've thought about pulling them off but I have a feeling I won't like it & I'll have broken at least one if not more yanking them out :rolleyes: so I keep talking myself out of it.

Mine are just the trim:

View attachment 190967

It will look way better without them.

These are JK accessories 😉

Reactions: Tob
It will look way better without them.

These are JK accessories 😉

dude you made me think about it, I've had this Jeep for 4 years now & I haven't put one thing on it for cosmetic purposes, all my upgrades and modifications have been purpose driven; I would've never put those inserts in if they weren't there when I bought it... so, I just yanked them :ROFLMAO:

Now I've got 14 linear feet of adhesive tape type crap that's practically welded on there to scrape off, gotta dig up a heat gun of some kind now

Even still it already looks better! Gracias

dude you made me think about it, I've had this Jeep for 4 years now & I haven't put one thing on it for cosmetic purposes, all my upgrades and modifications have been purpose driven; I would've never put those inserts in if they weren't there when I bought it... so, I just yanked them :ROFLMAO:

Now I've got 14 linear feet of adhesive tape type crap that's practically welded on there to scrape off, gotta dig up a heat gun of some kind now

Even still it already looks better! Gracias

Heat gun will make that tape come off much easier!

These are one of those things where I have no idea why anyone would make them to begin with. The grille looks so much more natural without them, happy to hear you like it 👍

My inserts were one of the first things I bought when I got the TJ. I couldn't stand looking at those rust colored V-brace bars that sit in front of the radiator. Well i painted those but still added the grill inserts. I still kinda like them but I'm not totally opposed to removing them. Like @Westtown Willy I'm afraid of the sticker residue. We'll see....if and when boredom strikes....