Orange Dashboard Lights?

jeep_boss

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I'm thinking about changing out my dashboard lights to a different color. Does anyone know where I could order orange dashboard lights? All that i'm finding is white, blue, green and red.

I'll probably go with red if all else fails, but it might spark some PTSD from the trauma caused by my old Audi S8 :/

The lights on the dashboard aren't colored bulbs, they are white bulbs with a green filter lens that the light passes through.

So you need to change that filter to orange I suppose, otherwise when you pair an orange bulb with a green filter, you'll get brown.

Reactions: jeep_boss
The lights on the dashboard aren't colored bulbs, they are white bulbs with a green filter lens that the light passes through.

So you need to change that filter to orange I suppose, otherwise when you pair an orange bulb with a green filter, you'll get brown.

Hmmm... I hadn't dissected my dash that far yet, so that's pretty interesting!

I think someone on this forum has changed their dash lights to LED's if I remember correctly

Yep, I remebered someone having done this here. I lost the link though to the post and product page that had the replacements :\

Reactions: Chris
BTW, I was wrong about the factory lights. The bulbs are white, but they have a rubber "condom" over the bulb that is green in color, which is where the green comes from. So all you have to do is swap it out for a colored bulb and you're good to go!

Reactions: jeep_boss
Perfect!!! I'll probably get a set of amber, red, and white just in case I don't like one or the other.
You can find LED bulbs in plenty of other colors on ebay. You just need to know the bulb type/size. For the cluster backlighting, the bulb is 74.

I haven't been able to find a quality bulb for the rocker switches besides from superbrightleds.com.

Reactions: jeep_boss and Chris