OT: Best version of Eve of Destruction

Sorry Chris lol

just seems like an era that has always been relevant.

an era that spawned grunge etc.

no politics in this thread please just a love of melodies and prose

i Know the era is a sore spot for many, and rightfully so

the music of the era has been something of a mantra for kids coming of age in the 90s…

ok so no politics lol

so Bi-dung got 81 million votes, I don't see to many of them defending Build Back Better (shit)

My concern is how badly will the left cheat in Nov, if they win anything, its going to have to be blatant shit

so Bi-dung got 81 million votes, I don't see to many of them defending Build Back Better (shit)

My concern is how badly will the left cheat in Nov, if they win anything, its going to have to be blatant shit
As blatant as the right, correct?

• Haha
Reactions: Jmac00
Age of the 90s? I am sure it seems relevant to all of the ages for various reasons, but this is the 60s, through and through.
Yes, but kids coming of age in the early 90s were really into the Vietnam era.

the music, culture etc. shit grunge music was regurgitated from this era.

maybe because lots of our dads were drafted In their teens?

i dont know, kinda like HS kids now are all into grunge lol

Last edited:
Well?

plenty of Gen Xrs and Boomers here, what say you?

seems appropriate in todays climate

crazy crazy world
I guess I'm GenX (depends on whose definition you believe in). I've never cared for the song.

If today's climate and crazy world have you down, I'd suggest watching less ad-funded news sources and get out and wheel.

I guess I'm GenX (depends on whose definition you believe in). I've never cared for the song.

If today's climate and crazy world have you down, I'd suggest watching less ad-funded news sources and get out and wheel.
Being very well acquainted with the music my dad wasn't listening to in his youth, EoD never really caught my attention either. Right now, I am more intrigued that there was a conservative response to it back then. I have been thinking about which one fits better today with where the right has gone the last several years. It's kind of a mix between the two.

Last edited:
Being very well acquainted with the music my dad wasn't listening to in his youth, EoD never really caught my attention either. Right now, I am more intrigued that there was a conservative response to it back then. I have been thinking about which one fits better today with where the right has gone the last several years. It's kind of a mix between the two.
My guess is that the right objected to the song's criticism of: Selective Service System eligibility of 18 despite voting age being 21, the Southern civil rights situation, and the space program.

Are you asking which song fits better today? A mix between the two what?

My guess is that the right objected to the song's criticism of: Selective Service System eligibility of 18 despite voting age being 21, the Southern civil rights situation, and the space program.

Are you asking which song fits better today? A mix between the two what?
Look at the video Squatch posted.

Reactions: RMETeeJay
I kinda straddle the line between Gen X and millennial but I've always related more to X, maybe because my dad is firmly in the boomer generation and passed on the sensibilities that most Gen Xers got from their parents.

But regardless, this is a little more my speed.

Reactions: Stockli
I kinda straddle the line between Gen X and millennial but I've always related more to X, maybe because my dad is firmly in the boomer generation and passed on the sensibilities that most Gen Xers got from their parents.

But regardless, this is a little more my speed.

Don’t get me wrong, Megadeth is my go to band

then Nirvana, Alice In Chains, STP

but, sometimes the Vietnam era stuff still sounds great

a d I am firmly in the GenX group born in 76

Last edited: