Other vehicles you've owned?

I love with the TJ you don't ever feel the need to drive fast. It's almost like I find excuses to take back roads and go the slower route because I enjoy driving it so much.
I do that every night. I work two blocks from my apartment (free daytime parking at work, limited night time) I have found ways to spend an hour just driving around.

I do that every night. I work two blocks from my apartment (free daytime parking at work, limited night time) I have found ways to spend an hour just driving around.

That's the beauty of it! I used to be so concerned with having a 500hp fast car, until I realized that it was pointless considering that there's no where in this town to drive with that kind of power!

Reactions: Basiasadie
I've lost track of all of them but I've had a bunch over the past 50 years... I do have a couple favorites that were REALLY fun... 66 VW beetle, 1966 Datsun 1600 Roadster, 1969 Fiat 124S, and the most fun, a 1971 Triumph TR-6 Roadster. Those were all amazingly fun cars. Then a 1967 BMW 2002 (which kept my VISA card maxed out with repairs), 1973 Datsun 240Z, then a bunch of boring company and family cars until I finally bought my first Jeep, an '89 XJ Cherokee. I've now had at least one Jeep since 89, for a while I had two Jeeps at a time. I'm on my 5th Jeep now. :)

Since I doubt many know what some of the first cars looked like, here are couple of them. I LOVED that Triumph TR-6 with its big torquey inline six engine with dual sidedraft Stromberg carburetors.

1967 BMW 2002
5722.jpg

Datsun 1600 Roadster
Datsun_1600_Sports,_starboa.jpg

Triumph TR-6
triumph-tr6-1971-4.jpg

Last edited:
ve lost track of them all but I've had a bunch over the past 50 years... I do have a couple favorites that were REALLY fun... 66 VW beetle, 1966 Datsun 1600 Roadster, 1969 Fiat 124S, and the most fun, a 1971 Triumph TR-6 Roadster. Those were all amazingly fun cars. Then a 1969 BMW 2002 (kept my VISA card maxed out with repairs), 1973 Datsun 240Z, then a bunch of boring company and family cars until I finally bought my first Jeep, an '89 XJ Cherokee. I've now had at least one Jeep since 89, for a while I had two Jeeps at a time. I'm on my 5th Jeep now. :)

Since I doubt many know what some of the first cars looked like, here they are. I LOVED that Triumph TR-6.

View attachment 1213View attachment 1212

I know what all of those vehicles look like, and that Triumph sure is cool! I grew up with a fully restored MGB!

One of the most fun cars I ever owned next to the TJ would be a Mazda Miata. Those things are an absolute blast to drive.

One of the most fun cars I ever owned next to the TJ would be a Mazda Miata. Those things are an absolute blast to drive.
The wife wanted one of those a few years back...but I couldn't sit in it unless the top was down..then I looked OVER the windshield...so she "settled" for this (which we only kept for 3 yrs because the ride was rough and traded for an M-sport 335)

z4.jpg

I've had such terrible luck with cars (yes new ones) that I vowed never to buy a used one for fear it would be horrible. Needless to say I broke my rule, bought a used TJ and spent a LOT in repairs within 2 months. But the was the PO not the jeep. My husband was a mechanic before he passed away and even he said I was car cursed. I like small cars.

Bought a new Isuzu car and broke down over and over. Thank God they quit making cars. Finally semi jack knifed into me and it was totaled. Bought a VW jetta and within a year it needed a new clutch and battery died 3 times. Traded it in for one of the new 2000 VW bugs. Lord help me. In first 30 months and had over $3000 in repairs that seemed to not fall under any warranty. Traded it is for a new 2004 hyundai tiburon that had the windows replaced so many time they lemon lawed it and the dealer took it back. They replaced the motor, switches and finally even put new doors on it and after about a month the windows just quit. 2007 my dad passed and I took his 2007 hyundai suv and it ran like a charm till I traded it with 195k miles for my 2013 honda crz.

Ok after typing this I am starting to agree I might be car cursed.

Reactions: Stinger and Chris
I've had such terrible luck with cars (yes new ones) that I vowed never to buy a used one for fear it would be horrible. Needless to say I broke my rule, bought a used TJ and spent a LOT in repairs within 2 months. But the was the PO not the jeep. My husband was a mechanic before he passed away and even he said I was car cursed. I like small cars.

Bought a new Isuzu car and broke down over and over. Thank God they quit making cars. Finally semi jack knifed into me and it was totaled. Bought a VW jetta and within a year it needed a new clutch and battery died 3 times. Traded it in for one of the new 2000 VW bugs. Lord help me. In first 30 months and had over $3000 in repairs that seemed to not fall under any warranty. Traded it is for a new 2004 hyundai tiburon that had the windows replaced so many time they lemon lawed it and the dealer took it back. They replaced the motor, switches and finally even put new doors on it and after about a month the windows just quit. 2007 my dad passed and I took his 2007 hyundai suv and it ran like a charm till I traded it with 195k miles for my 2013 honda crz.

Ok after typing this I am starting to agree I might be car cursed.

Haha! Sounds like you've had some bad luck with cars indeed!

I've had many other vehicles, but here are the latest "toys" in the last few years.

Sold the '64 Skylark to get the '02 Mustang
64Skylark6web.jpg

IMG_7095comp.jpg

then sold the Mustang to get the Wrangler. I just can't believe it took me this long to own a Wrangler. This is a keeper!!!

20151216_151516_zpsfclawzc2.jpg

Last edited:
I've had many other vehicles, but here are the latest "toys" in the last few years.

Sold the '67 Skylark to get the '02 Mustang
View attachment 1273

View attachment 1274

then sold the Mustang to get the Wrangler. I just can't believe it took me this long to own a Wrangler. This is a keeper!!!

View attachment 1275

I totally hear you. I've owned so many cool cars and motorcycles and then after owning this TJ, I ask myself how on earth it took so long for me to get a wrangler. This thing really is a keeper!

How did you like that SRT4 Caliber? My neighbor has one

I wish I could have kept the Caliber just for a toy, but traded it in on a new turbo Dart. I don't know if they will ever be a collector but are rare as less than 6000 were built. I really liked it.

Why did you trade it for a new Turbo Dart? Just curious really.

Yes, I knew the caliber SRT4 was indeed rare.

Why did you trade it for a new Turbo Dart? Just curious really.

Yes, I knew the caliber SRT4 was indeed rare.

Long story.. My wife told me she wanted a Mini Cooper, so i went to looking on Ebay and found her the Caliber. Not what she wanted.
The Caliber was in Lower Michigan, and I rode a bus 14 hours to pick it up. It only was 7 hours to drive it home, and I fell in love with the car, so it became my car, not hers. That's why I sold my TJ.
We stopped at a Dodge dealer when the Darts first came out and sat in one then tried it out. I could tell my wife really liked it. Happy wife Happy life, and the trade was made.
Now the Dart was traded for a new Journey, and I back to a TJ....I'm happy, She's happy...Well I'm happy. haha

Reactions: Stinger and Chris
Hey, at least you made your way back to the TJ! I'll bet that Caliber was pretty quick though!

Hey, at least you made your way back to the TJ! I'll bet that Caliber was pretty quick though!

It was quick. A lot of torque steer, but fun torque steer. I liked playing with the 0 to 60 mph recorder. I had it down 0 to 60 in 5.6 seconds. They say top end was over 150 mph. Never went that fast in it though.