P0201 head scratcher

dogdaddy123

Inspected fuel injector on 1, and replaced it, there is no power coming to the injector harness connection after checking with a noid, all others are working fine, just this one is dead, inspected the wiring back to the back of the engine before it goes into the split and connectors and no breaks, also checked continuity is good to that point, not sure if I need to go deeper in the harness, any ideas?

Inspected fuel injector on 1, and replaced it, there is no power coming to the injector harness connection after checking with a noid, all others are working fine, just this one is dead, inspected the wiring back to the back of the engine before it goes into the split and connectors and no breaks, also checked continuity is good to that point, not sure if I need to go deeper in the harness, any ideas?

What year and model is the TJ.

For example the 2005 and 2006 models are prone to PCM issues particular with automatic transmissions-

We have some good people here and if anybody can help you they will be glad to.

AndyG
Forum Welcoming Committee Vice Chair

• USA Proud
Reactions: Rickyd
It sounds like you've already done some thorough troubleshooting on the P0201 issue. If you've determined that the injector for cylinder 1 is not receiving power, here are a few suggestions for further investigation:

1. Check the injector fuse: Locate the fuse box and find the fuse responsible for the injectors. It's possible that the fuse may be blown or loose, causing a lack of power to the specific injector. Replace or reseat the fuse as needed.

2. Test the injector circuit wiring: Use a multimeter to check for continuity along the wiring harness from the injector connector to the engine control module (ECM). Ensure that the wiring is intact and not damaged. Pay close attention to any connectors or junction points, as these can sometimes become corroded or loose.

3. Inspect the ECM: Although rare, it's possible that the issue lies with the ECM itself. Check for any signs of damage or corrosion on the ECM's connectors. If possible, try swapping the ECM with a known working unit to see if the problem persists.

4. Consider an intermittent issue: If all wiring and connections appear to be in order, it's possible that there is an intermittent fault that is difficult to detect. Keep an eye out for any patterns or specific conditions under which the injector may fail to receive power.

What year and model is the TJ.

For example the 2005 and 2006 models are prone to PCM issues particular with automatic transmissions-

We have some good people here and if anybody can help you they will be glad to.

AndyG
Forum Welcoming Committee Vice Chair

It’s 2002

The ASD power supply to injectors is spliced to all 6 injectors in the plastic channel right by all the injectors. The PCM pulses a ground signal to fire each injector.

Have you checked for 12v at the injector using a chassis ground or battery ground for your multimeter? If you do not have 12v to injector 1 the issue is within 1’ of the injector connector.

It sounds like you've already done some thorough troubleshooting on the P0201 issue. If you've determined that the injector for cylinder 1 is not receiving power, here are a few suggestions for further investigation:

1. Check the injector fuse: Locate the fuse box and find the fuse responsible for the injectors. It's possible that the fuse may be blown or loose, causing a lack of power to the specific injector. Replace or reseat the fuse as needed.

2. Test the injector circuit wiring: Use a multimeter to check for continuity along the wiring harness from the injector connector to the engine control module (ECM). Ensure that the wiring is intact and not damaged. Pay close attention to any connectors or junction points, as these can sometimes become corroded or loose.

3. Inspect the ECM: Although rare, it's possible that the issue lies with the ECM itself. Check for any signs of damage or corrosion on the ECM's connectors. If possible, try swapping the ECM with a known working unit to see if the problem persists.

4. Consider an intermittent issue: If all wiring and connections appear to be in order, it's possible that there is an intermittent fault that is difficult to detect. Keep an eye out for any patterns or specific conditions under which the injector may fail to receive power.

Thanks looks like I will need to dig deeper, follow the wiring all to the ECM

Thanks looks like I will need to dig deeper, follow the wiring all to the ECM

That’s probably the first place I would start. Sometimes it can be a real pain in the butt to track down a shorted wire. More often than not though this turns out to be the case.

The ASD power supply to injectors is spliced to all 6 injectors in the plastic channel right by all the injectors. The PCM pulses a ground signal to fire each injector.

Have you checked for 12v at the injector using a chassis ground or battery ground for your multimeter? If you do not have 12v to injector 1 the issue is within 1’ of the injector connector.

I will try again tomorrow too sweaty and dark for now 🙁 thanks for the ideas

If any of the injector ASD supplies shorted to ground, it would blow the fuse and all 6 injectors would not have power. This is simple troubleshooting and that chatGPT bot response was incredibly vague and generic for such a simple problem.

IMG_4110.jpeg

Ok, so pulled the plugs off the PCM. Continuity is good between injector #1&2 wires. Checked the ohms green wire is 14 ohms on both 1&2, white1 orange2 give .6 ohms. At this point I thinks the pcm has an issue, thoughts?

Just a heads up that I got a conclusion to my problem. Sent the PCM off to wranglerfix.com it was repaired, they had it back to me in about a week. Great customer service. They identified the problem as: replaced injector number one circuit driver inside the PCM. I had it back in the Jeep in 30 minutes and rewrapped my injector wiring and started up with no issue. Thankful to wranglerfix.com

Just a heads up that I got a conclusion to my problem. Sent the PCM off to wranglerfix.com it was repaired, they had it back to me in about a week. Great customer service. They identified the problem as: replaced injector number one circuit driver inside the PCM. I had it back in the Jeep in 30 minutes and rewrapped my injector wiring and started up with no issue. Thankful to wranglerfix.com

Thank you for your feedback it helped me to resolve my issues 💪🏽