• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

P0301 not fixed after 1 month at dealership

Duckdawg1

Mar 14, 2019
Northern Cali
I had the same problem with my 2000 4.0 tj and I did all the recommended fixes and ran myself in circles. It ended up being a bent push rod in the #1 cylinder. Can’t remeber which side . Easy to check.

Reactions: KCsTJ

Duckdawg1

Mar 14, 2019
Northern Cali
Did you do a compression test? How was yours easy to check?
I did do a compression check and all were good with the exception of the #4 cylinder which was only a few pounds low. I finally pulled the valve cover and ran the engine. Noticed slop in the #1 rocker and it ended up being a bent push rod. Make sure you put something over your head to keep oil from spraying all over

Reactions: Rusty Rivets

Rusty Rivets

Mar 12, 2019
West Tennessee
I did do a compression check and all were good with the exception of the #4 cylinder which was only a few pounds low. I finally pulled the valve cover and ran the engine. Noticed slop in the #1 rocker and it ended up being a bent push rod. Make sure you put something over your head to keep oil from spraying all over
Wow that definitely required you being attentive in order to hunt the problem down. I will keep all this in mind while troubleshooting. Thanks for the advice and sharing your situation. Any other advice?