"Pacing myself" build

Did a routine oil change last night. Found a loose nut on the fuel tank strap, and my thermostat housing gasket is squished out and seeping coolant. It has the factory housing. Is there an upgrade housing/gasket for this application? I haven't looked yet, but I'll engage the Googles to look.

I used one from napa to replace my warped stocker. I think it was dorman?

That,some permatex high tack spray and a gasket finally fixed my leak. Rtv kept coming loose.

Mopar is about 60$ and looks like hesco has a high flow version for 40$. my stroker does fine without the high flow version. Idk if its just a gimmick or not

Did a routine oil change last night. Found a loose nut on the fuel tank strap, and my thermostat housing gasket is squished out and seeping coolant. It has the factory housing. Is there an upgrade housing/gasket for this application? I haven't looked yet, but I'll engage the Googles to look.

Well with all this activity where are the action photos !!!

• Haha
Reactions: bobthetj03
I think the go to is a Fel Pro gasket. As long as the block and housing are level it should seal. If not I’ve used The Right Stuff 1-Minute Gasket Maker, but I kinda hate to do that.

Just be careful not to crack the aluminum housing when you torque the bolts down. I’ve seen more than a few crack them.

Where are your new tires and wheels!?

Hoping to get them in July'ish. My youngest calls me today, "Dad, my tires are bald, and ya know I'm driving your grandkids around, so a little help?". Ugh!
Last month my oldest texts me, "Dad, remember when you said you'd buy tires for my car for Xmas?". Double ugh! Top that off with my wife's Compass needed 4 new tires, and now I'm tire poor! Or, is it tire rich? Lol!

You want to see my jeep on the lift getting its oil changed? Boy, you are hard up for action buddy, lol!

I’ve been pouring money into my FIL’s 74 Ford 250 camper special that he gave us.

He dropped a 460 in from a 74 Mercury Marquis

New fuel lines, oil, brake cylinder and booster, cleaned up the wheels and some other fuckery

Old photos

IMG_1161.jpeg

IMG_1160.jpeg

I’ve been pouring money into my FIL’s 74 Ford 250 camper special that he gave us.

He dropped a 460 in from a 74 Mercury Marquis

New fuel lines, oil, brake cylinder and booster, cleaned up the wheels and some other fuckery

Old photos

View attachment 519264

View attachment 519265

Did you get the boat too? You could flat tow your jeep with that bad boy!
My RV has the 460 BB, which btw, we are selling if you know anyone that wants a beast.

20240410_123753.jpg

Reactions: Thunderhead
The plan is to add A-pillar lights. I ordered some 5" LED's to replace the 4" Ecco's I have on the fairlead mount. Those will move to the A-pillars.
I have a factory style switch/relay for the dash. I'll power the switch on the fuse block behind the glove box. Haven't decided where to run the ground. For convenience, because I'm lazy I'll probably run the ground to the steering column mounts. I'll put the relay under the dash on the driver side. What is the best config for the hot and ground for the lights under the cowl?

Lights came with amber covers and black covers. Thought that was cool. I angled them slightly to capture the fog lines better since they are so close together.
Next little change. I'll see if you can guess what it is, besides the jeep being dirty.

20240423_123503.jpg

Lights came with amber covers and black covers. Thought that was cool. I angled them slightly to capture the fog lines better since they are so close together.
Next little change. I'll see if you can guess what it is, besides the jeep being dirty.

View attachment 521234

Remove the hardtop?

• Love
Reactions: Rickyd
I put my soft top back on yesterday.weather is supposed to be a little wet this week but I'm so ready for doors off and top down!

Mines off, but I think I’m going to have to put it back on. Highs next week are 58. ☹️ I’m so ready for summer! Gotta get the half doors on too. Don’t think I’ve ever driven more than a few blocks with them on since I finished them last September.