LJ Rubicon Sahara Build

Welcome from another central valley jeeper. Was this pic taken from Bald Mountain?

Yes it was, we got there right at sunset it was beautiful.

Hey welcome, your Jeep looks great. I'm from Fresno as well.
Some of your pics look like Bald Mountain. Great area to wheel in.

Thanks! I'm new to the area, always up for some wheeling and discovering new trails.

Yes it was, we got there right at sunset it was beautiful.

Thanks! I'm new to the area, always up for some wheeling and discovering new trails.

Sounds good, we need to get some of the Central CA Jeepers together. There are way to many awesome trails near us.

That’s a beauty, welcome to the Forum. If I ever purchased a Rubicon it would look like yours, keeping it very close to the stock appearance but slightly more capable.

Reactions: DuncLJ
@CostcoPizza did you score this from a dealer? Where was it at?

I'm in the biz. It was a trade in that I was able to buy to my used car managers dismay.

Awesome thanks!

That’s a beauty, welcome to the Forum. If I ever purchased a Rubicon it would look like yours, keeping it very close to the stock appearance but slightly more capable.

Thanks!

That's exactly the plan, I like the stock + look.

Last edited:
Sometime on my way home after my last trip I noticed the jeep handling funny and realized my passenger side swaybar endlink bolt was MIA. I bolted it back up with longer hardware and a nut on the end and a whole lot of loctite.

I also took the time to mount the sway bar disconnect mounts that I was too lazy to install when I did the lift.

IMG_7467.JPG

Went on a clunk hunt today. The rear has had a clunk that became more pronounced after my last trip.

I determined that it was the rear passenger shock bushing. When I installed the lift I damaged the bushing with cross pin during install. I was able to install much easier this time with some patience and a little file work.

C55293B6-EE77-42A7-BA7E-4046FAB4FE7C.jpeg

469765B1-E3B7-41AA-AA0F-28E8173BACDB.jpeg

1EDEFCF5-10B2-4619-AF3C-C8BE3B78C4D8.jpeg

AD2D147C-E574-40F3-86C6-2BDD73A99348.jpeg

42F1AB40-1CBB-408A-BFF1-0B06F2938B12.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed the LED headlights today. One of the adjusters on the drivers side is busted so I’ll have to pull it off and repair or replace to get it perfect but not bad for now. Also relocated the light bar to the bottom, I think it looks cleaner.

166DD2A1-92E8-47B0-BDBA-50F2DBF098CB.jpeg

3A215F12-F71C-4FC9-B97F-5290EEBFADC4.jpeg