05 LJ build

Jeep did really well at rubicon although we only made it to buck island and had to turn around because there was so many breakdowns with other jeeps in our crew. When you try to tackle rubicon with 12 jeeps it’s inevitable there will be breakdowns and problems. This was my second trip to rubicon with the LJ and man do 35s and a 4” suspension lift make a difference. The first trip was on 33s and 2” lift and while I made it through without any trouble it was a lot of dragging over obstacles. Also the atlas 5:1 made things night and day different in terms of giving a lot more control and finesse through difficult sections. Definitely added to the safety factor of not wheel hoping your way into a roll over or breaking axles or falling off your line. Just much much more control with the low range at 100:1 vs 70:1 or whatever it was I had with the stock NP231. All my terra flex shocks lost their gas charge are are acting funny now I think they just arnt made for much abuse. I think some high end shocks would really make a difference there and hopefully allow me to speed up a bit going to through some of the really rough parts of the trail that are flat where it would be fun to put it into a higher gear and move faster. So that will be another next step for my build along with the belly skid. I wish I would have got some good flexed out pictures to share but was having to much fun driving. So the build continues.....

534DEFBF-F5DE-40BC-B1A6-5939CED802D4.jpeg

Goals! Waiting on a fix to my dana 44 (maybe a replacement) but the end goal is road trip to Rubicon and road trip back :)
Reading about yours is awesome.

Anyone who loves to wheel should have rubicon on their bucket list for sure. It’s such a cool trail with great views and fun obstacles. That trail for a lightly or moderately modified rig is a feat of endurance to get all the through without any problems or damage.

Found this rear brake flip kit on the black magic brakes website. Great upgrade for the money. Makes the e brake work much better. With the atlas providing for option to do front digs I couldn’t get the e brake to hold the rear tires and had to use a lot of brake pedal to get an effective front dig to work. Even after adjusting it and installing new pads the e brake still wouldn’t hold the rear tires. This kit allows the e brake to work much better and as a result makes for easier front digs so really happy with this upgrade.

611C724C-61B9-4E1E-B5B5-845CAE52FC91.jpeg

Reactions: L J