Family's First LJ - 2006 Rubicon Build

They really are great lights and I’m a fan as well. Typically I’m not big on Halos but the JL ones don’t have a “fast and furious” look but are really clean. I’d definitely try them on the LJ if they were the right size.

There is something to be said about OEM designing and building parts versus what the aftermarket is designing and building. OEM seems to always nail it.

This might be the most beautiful build on the whole wranger tj forum. I just came across it again looking for half-doors on the internet. LOL

Reactions: techster82
This might be the most beautiful build on the whole wranger tj forum. I just came across it again looking for half-doors on the internet. LOL

Thank you sir! She's been in hibernation for the winter as she's not seen salt and I didn't want to introduce her to it here in KY. I've got a few projects to finish on it this spring, one of which is finally painting and installing the half doors I bought for it last year. I also still have a Savvy gas tank skid, UCF Engine/Transmission skid, rear Mopar corner guards and Raptor Liner for the tub to do as well.

After completing most of my LJ build I begin lusting after an FJ60 Land Cruiser. In November I picked up a pretty cherry 1985 model that turned in to a full engine rebuild, which then turned in to purchasing another 1985 FJ60 which then turned in to picking up a 1997 FZJ80 Triple Locked Land Cruiser. Needless to say I've got multiple projects and parts everywhere with very little time lately to get anything done!

I realized I never posted pictures or video from the Jeep Jamboree the wife and I did back in October of last year. We had a blast and I was really proud of the wife driving solo in her JLUR the entire weekend. She went everywhere the LJ went and it was amazing to see her confidence soar the two days we were on the trails. There were a fair amount of women in attendance but very few who drove let alone drove solo.

Here's a quick video of one of the last obstacles on day two coming out of a creek bed. It had poured rain the night before and was pretty wallowed out by the time we passed through.

Reactions: JMT and Chris
They really are great lights and I’m a fan as well. Typically I’m not big on Halos but the JL ones don’t have a “fast and furious” look but are really clean. I’d definitely try them on the LJ if they were the right size.

The pictures you show those are not JL lights are they?

After completing most of my LJ build I begin lusting after an FJ60 Land Cruiser. In November I picked up a pretty cherry 1985 model that turned in to a full engine rebuild, which then turned in to purchasing another 1985 FJ60 which then turned in to picking up a 1997 FZJ80 Triple Locked Land Cruiser.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Where is this LJ ;) any updates?

The old girl's doing well and enjoying being out of hibernation. I still have some odds and ends to do (engine and steering skid, rock lights) but we did a trail ride this weekend and have one next weekend here in KY. Here's a couple of pictures from us camping this weekend in the Red River Gorge with one of the FJ60s:
IMG-5929-2.jpg

IMG-6013.jpg

I also had the chance to run her up an RTI ramp at a local Jeep meetup last weekend. I wasn't going to but my boy wouldn't let us leave until I had:

97-E179-EB-039-E-4-E91-A326-9-C96892788-EC.jpg

3-B2-F0001-2134-4-B94-9170-B84-BD9-CCD5-EE.jpg

CFFFC85-E-1982-47-EE-93-E6-F15-E045-E6688.jpg

84-A3969-B-D2-BD-484-A-A2-AB-67927-F6-F4-B73.jpg

Reactions: tomtaylz and Starrs
The old girl's doing well and enjoying being out of hibernation. I still have some odds and ends to do (engine and steering skid, rock lights) but we did a trail ride this weekend and have one next weekend here in KY. Here's a couple of pictures from us camping this weekend in the Red River Gorge with one of the FJ60s:
View attachment 100892
View attachment 100893

I also had the chance to run her up an RTI ramp at a local Jeep meetup last weekend. I wasn't going to but my boy wouldn't let us leave until I had:

View attachment 100894
View attachment 100895
View attachment 100896
View attachment 100897
Looks awesome. Dig the stickers ;)

Reactions: techster82
I don’t blame ya. If you could find a non hiline heat reduction hood you’d have the full build anyway. Love that LJ

Man, I'd LOVE one, but if I came across one not sure I could justify it with what they are costing these days. I'd have to sell a Land Cruiser and I'm not ready for that!

Reactions: Starrs
Just getting broke in. Yours really needs nothing else done. Fjs are probably keeping you plenty busy haha

Brother, like you wouldn't believe. I've got a triple locked 1997 FZJ80 in the garage that I need to get put back together before a TLCA ride in less than a month, and then a full engine rebuild and frame on restoration on one of the 1985 FJ60s. Then last week I picked up an M416 trailer to build out for carrying the Roof Top Tent and expedition stuff.

I have issues.......