PCM Issues

Elizabeth06TJ

Hey Y'all

I have a 2006 TJ 4.0 Auto that decided it wanted to shell the factory PCM. At first it was throwing a P0203 code and after replacing the wiring harness, it came down to there is no output from that pin out of the factory PCM. I ordered one off of WranglerFix from Mark and now the jeep will barely start and will only idle for about 30 seconds on maybe 2 cylinders before dying. When I put the bad PCM back in, the jeep will start and idle on 5 of the cylinders. I am at a loss on what to do. When I ordered the new PCM from WranglerFix, I did have it programmed to my VIN. Anybody have any ideas as to what to do now?

Thanks in advance

@Elizabeth06TJ I am unaware of any calls or emails other than a voicemail at 11:28 this morning.

Did you speak to anyone at my office in regards to the issues you are having?

@Elizabeth06TJ I am unaware of any calls or emails other than a voicemail at 11:28 this morning.

Did you speak to anyone at my office in regards to the issues you are having?

I did not. I did call earlier this morning the name on the voicemail should be "Zane". I figured as it was easter I wasn't gonna call again thinking the office may be closed today.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
It was nice speaking to you Zane. I will follow up with you after reviewing my tech notes.

Thanks,

Mark

@Wranglerfix
Hey Mark,
I did what we talked about earlier and it didn't work. Still gave me the same codes and started on like 2 cylinders. Out of curiosity, I connected up my old PCM and tried to start the jeep. The jeep started and idled on 5 cylinders. It had the same issue it had before where it game a P0203 code, but it started. I connected back up the PCM I got from yall, and it started on 2 cylinders and gave the codes I gave you earlier. I tried putting in some dielectric grease into the connectors then connect them, and it game me the same issue. I dont have any bent pins on the PCM yall sent and all the female connectors look amazing.

Thanks
Zane

@Wranglerfix
Hey Mark,
I did what we talked about earlier and it didn't work. Still gave me the same codes and started on like 2 cylinders. Out of curiosity, I connected up my old PCM and tried to start the jeep. The jeep started and idled on 5 cylinders. It had the same issue it had before where it game a P0203 code, but it started. I connected back up the PCM I got from yall, and it started on 2 cylinders and gave the codes I gave you earlier. I tried putting in some dielectric grease into the connectors then connect them, and it game me the same issue. I dont have any bent pins on the PCM yall sent and all the female connectors look amazing.

Thanks
Zane

I will be able to answer a call from you anytime tomorrow after 12. Thank you again

• USA Proud
Reactions: Wranglerfix