Perfect tire size at 81 mph

i would regularly cruise at 80-85 on the freeway in my jeep on 35’s, never once did I have a concern at that speed. Just forget having a conversation as I always run topless, it’s more like a screaming match.

Always cracks me up at the crowd that says jeeps can’t do that, or the many other issues they claim. Let’s face it, there are lot of hacked up jeeps out there.

Interestingly, there’s the same divide with EV drivers. There are a number of EV drivers that always go the speed limit or less so they get the maximum possible economy, and then there are others that drive hella fast because it costs almost nothing to do so.

Or here in Pittsburgh with the tunnels. Some people get in the tunnel and panic and drive <40 mph because it is narrow and scary (causing a huge traffic jam that lasts hours), and then there are others that do 100+ because there are no speedtraps in a tunnel…

Reactions: nitrofalcon
My part of the world it’s 80mph posted…No problem driving at that speed BUT. I have been on some roads- west Texas come to mind…nope. Wouldn’t do it.

I suspect when if we are talking autobahn's. We are talking some very well maintained highways, which helps. I would not concern my self with MPG, you will just be disappointed.

ps 33’s w/ 3:73 and a manual 6 speed no problems getting there and driving in 6th at 80 mph.

Same here. I needed it when I moved from CT to Va. :unsure:

View attachment 522698

Ahce: Solidified liquid that is best employed in the cooling of mint juleps and aged bourbon. "This dry ink (drink) needs more ahce in it."

Ahdin: I didn't. "Ahdin know the gun was loaded, Judge."

Ahmoan: An expression of intent. "Ahmoan have a little drink. You want one?"

Ahr: What we breathe, also a unit of time made up of 60 minutes. "They should've been here about an ahr ago."

I moved from TX to VA so I was already versed in speaking with a drawl!I

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Drive whatever speed you're comfortable with 🤷‍♂️

On the highway, I tend to maintain 70 mph. I have no problem and am not scared to hit 80 mph though.

Interestingly, there’s the same divide with EV drivers. There are a number of EV drivers that always go the speed limit or less so they get the maximum possible economy, and then there are others that drive hella fast because it costs almost nothing to do so.

Or here in Pittsburgh with the tunnels. Some people get in the tunnel and panic and drive <40 mph because it is narrow and scary (causing a huge traffic jam that lasts hours), and then there are others that do 100+ because there are no speedtraps in a tunnel…

Interesting about EV drivers. Here in rural Virginia most people actually drive speed limit. In Dallas we considered speed limit a suggestion 🤣.

It's so rural here in VA mountains that about 15 miles from home speed limit ends! Literally! Th sign says "end of 45 mile speed limit ". Let the good times roll!

• Face Palm
Reactions: 1o1proof
Here in rural Virginia most people actually drive speed limit.

That probably has more to do with the fact that Virginia is so hardcore on speed enforcement, they're one of the few states I've seen that will even pull over a uniformed officer in his cruiser for speeding. 😂 I've seen it first hand more than once. I HATE driving through Virginia, especially near the WV border.

That probably has more to do with the fact that Virginia is so hardcore on speed enforcement, they're one of the few states I've seen that will even pull over a uniformed officer in his cruiser for speeding. 😂 I've seen it first hand more than once. I HATE driving through Virginia, especially near the WV border.

You're right. And I have the ticket to prove it!I 😒 Also, I live in the mountains. You have winding roads with the mountain on one side and a steep drop on the other. So, you really don't want to drive too fast. And I still got a ticket! 🤷‍♂️

PA is literally the opposite. Only state police are allowed to use radar and LIDAR. Hence local police are stuck using VASCAR, which is literally timing your speed across two white lines.

Certain drivers learn they can speed anywhere there aren't state police or two while lines, and in many places (such as the major road where I live), local police won't bother pulling people over until 20+ mph over (for example, 55+ mph in a 35). Combine that with the local topography and outdated road design, add in a few drunk drivers and road ragers, and you get daily deadly wrecks.

My part of the world it’s 80mph posted…No problem driving at that speed BUT. I have been on some roads- west Texas come to mind…nope. Wouldn’t do it.

I suspect when if we are talking autobahn's. We are talking some very well maintained highways, which helps. I would not concern my self with MPG, you will just be disappointed.

ps 33’s w/ 3:73 and a manual 6 speed no problems getting there and driving in 6th at 80 mph.

I came here to say this. Roads in Europe are amazing by US standards, especially the AutoBahn. Also, the actual design lends itself to safely bank/turn at 100+ MPH in some cases. I was gobsmacked driving through the countryside on these mega-highways.

Interesting about EV drivers. Here in rural Virginia most people actually drive speed limit. In Dallas we considered speed limit a suggestion 🤣.

It's so rural here in VA mountains that about 15 miles from home speed limit ends! Literally! Th sign says "end of 45 mile speed limit ". Let the good times roll!

End 45 speed limit, end speed zone, etc means speed limit is now whatever it normally is on state and county routes. So in New York that would be 55, in Kansas it would be 65, etc.

Reactions: 1o1proof