Picture request: 31" Goodyear All-Terrains

Here's a few pics of 31" Goodyear Wrangler AT's.

20170401_1614461.jpg

20170401_161328.jpg

20170401_172915.jpg

20170610_142523.jpg

Reactions: Kyle_W and JMT
31" - KO2's - 2.5" lift. Rides better than stock. No hwy hum. Highly recommend if you drive alot.View attachment 18088View attachment 18089View attachment 18090View attachment 18091

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

I was actually seriously thinking about KO2's - only $179 a pop from discount - but wanted to know how loud they were? How are they compared to the Wrangler GSA's that you used to have (that are still on the rims that you sold me)?

And by the way, haha looks weird but here's what they look like (until I get my 31's)!
IMG_1091.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KO2's are noticeably quieter at higher speeds, rides smoother on city streets, takes bumps better, handling seems more responsive. I am a novice at off road but everyone agrees they are very capable. I would absolutely buy KO2's over GSA's.

Your Jeep looks great!
[emoji6]

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

Reactions: Kyle_W
My avitar shows 31's on an unlifted rig. It is getting time to buy another set and am going to go with Cooper a/t. I'm gonna try and stuff 32s under it without a lift. We'll see....

So my son is looking to put Mickey Thompson Baja's 31x10.5xR15 ( I believe ) on his 99' TJ. I keep telling him to look around for something that will potentially have a better ride ( he is NOT off roading just daily driver and the look for a 17 yr old ) but I'm not sure what else is out there other than doing a google search on tires. Going to the tire store they will sell you ANYTHING so I'm just reaching out here for some suggestions.
Thanks, Tony

So my son is looking to put Mickey Thompson Baja's 31x10.5xR15 ( I believe ) on his 99' TJ. I keep telling him to look around for something that will potentially have a better ride ( he is NOT off roading just daily driver and the look for a 17 yr old ) but I'm not sure what else is out there other than doing a google search on tires. Going to the tire store they will sell you ANYTHING so I'm just reaching out here for some suggestions.
Thanks, Tony

An aggressive AT like the Goodyear Duratrac

Reactions: StG58
The KO2 or the Duratac would give you better road manners than a mud terrain. All a mud terrain will do for you is cup and make a lot of noise.
But I like my MT. ;)

Sometimes, it's all about form over function. That's why I hunt deer with a .458 Win Mag. That safari rifle is just too cool!
Is there anything left to clean after putting that cartridge through a deer?

Your principle is right on! I'm going to run MTs bc they are so cool. And everywhere to wheel around here is nothing but rocks!

Reactions: StG58
Is there anything left to clean after putting that cartridge through a deer?

Your principle is right on! I'm going to run MTs bc they are so cool. And everywhere to wheel around here is nothing but rocks!
Surprisingly enough, it works exceptionally well. I cast and reload for it, so the cartridges are custom made for each application. .410 shotgun loads for when I run across a grouse out hunting up to "heavy" 480 grain target loads for long distance paper punching. 700+ yards. For our little black tailed deer, it's a soft 350 grain at about 1,400 feet per second. A half inch hole in, a three-quarters inch hole out and a nice blood trail to track if they actually run very far. Usually, they don't, but sometimes you'll get a tough one. You can eat right up to the hole, because there is little bloodshot meat. Same theory as hunting with a 45-70, just more power available on the upper end and you can get it in a bolt gun.

I've been running Toyo M/T's on the 'Bourbon for years on and off road. Other than absolutely sucking in the mud, they work OK. My KO2's actually work better in the mud than the M/T's do.

Reactions: JMT