Picture request: 31" Goodyear All-Terrains

Is there anything left to clean after putting that cartridge through a deer?

Your principle is right on! I'm going to run MTs bc they are so cool. And everywhere to wheel around here is nothing but rocks!

And that's why I'm on my 3rd set of MT's, cause they just look cool! It's wearing off for me though, so next set will not be.

Reactions: JMT and StG58
I know you said good
I want to see what 31" Goodyear all-terrains look like on a TJ - lift or no lift really doesn't matter. Any pics would be appreciated! :)

The loan came through and now I can put new shoes on my Jeep. I want Goodyear All-Terrains for their quality, road manners, and I like how the treads look. However, I'm also considering BFG KO2's for the same reasons. Have considered Goodyear silent armors as well but they don't come in 15" rim size.

I used to have 33" Duratracs, and got real tired of the noise (relatively speaking), plus I drive on the highway 97% of the time. Any other suggestions on a quality road mannered tire is also appreciated. Thanks!
I want to see what 31" Goodyear all-terrains look like on a TJ - lift or no lift really doesn't matter. Any pics would be appreciated! :)

The loan came through and now I can put new shoes on my Jeep. I want Goodyear All-Terrains for their quality, road manners, and I like how the treads look. However, I'm also considering BFG KO2's for the same reasons. Have considered Goodyear silent armors as well but they don't come in 15" rim size.

I used to have 33" Duratracs, and got real tired of the noise (relatively speaking), plus I drive on the highway 97% of the time. Any other suggestions on a quality road mannered tire is also appreciated. Thanks!
I know you said good year but dont over look the general grabber at2 tires. they looks similar to the goodyears but a lot cheaper. very quiet ride,almost silent on my TJ. look great and I get a lot of compliments.
IMG_20170529_112858921.jpg

I know you said good

I know you said good year but dont over look the general grabber at2 tires. they looks similar to the goodyears but a lot cheaper. very quiet ride,almost silent on my TJ. look great and I get a lot of compliments. View attachment 18682

Thank you sir! I also considered those as well. The price is certainly right!

I finally have decided though to get Goodyear Trail runners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Germanshepherd
Thank you sir! I also considered those as well. The price is certainly right!

I finally have decided though to get Goodyear Trail runners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never heard of trail runners before. I had to google it after you made your post. looks like a very good highway tread that can handle some light trails. Are you going to get a set of specific off mud tires for when you want to really off road your jeep?

Reactions: Kyle_W
I put Cooper CS5's on my wife CRV and love them. Always liked the cooper tire though my local tire guy has great deals on the Hercules. I can get 31" x10.5 x 15 Hercules Terra Trac AT 2's for about $550 installed.

Reactions: Kyle_W
Rims are new.

Plain old Black steel d-windows from Discount Tire with Cragar center caps, because I loved Cragar super sport wheels in high school(still do).

Thanks for the compliment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyle_W and Kiwi TJ
No help on those but I do run these on my Silverado. Smooth, great ride, wear very well. They look very much alike.

View attachment 18757

Is your Silverado a 3/4 ton or 1 ton? I have those tires on my 1/2 ton, and Discount Tires can't seem to get them balanced (6 tries). Two tires balance with 5-6oz weight in the rear, and the fronts have less than 1oz total each. They ride like crap on my truck, they suggested that those tires are rated for a bigger truck, and they are replacing them with Nitto's. I was wondering if I can get my hopes up that the 1/2 ton rated Nittos will fix my issue.

1/2 ton extra cab. No issues with balance up to 80 mph. Maybe you have a wheel problem?? I run aftermarket 17's on mine.

Is your Silverado a 3/4 ton or 1 ton? I have those tires on my 1/2 ton, and Discount Tires can't seem to get them balanced (6 tries). Two tires balance with 5-6oz weight in the rear, and the fronts have less than 1oz total each. They ride like crap on my truck, they suggested that those tires are rated for a bigger truck, and they are replacing them with Nitto's. I was wondering if I can get my hopes up that the 1/2 ton rated Nittos will fix my issue.

You may want to have the tires checked for roundness. I bought a set of Goodyear tires once that would not balance. Turned out 2 of them were molded out of round. Replaced them, and everything was hunky-dory.

1/2 ton extra cab. No issues with balance up to 80 mph. Maybe you have a wheel problem?? I run aftermarket 17's on mine.

Ya I got aftermarket 17's wheels at the same time. Cost me 2K and they cannot get them balanced out right.
Ranger_B0b they did try the last time and replaced the rear two and same thing. 6 oz weights on the back two and less than 1 ounce on the fronts.
I have an appointment on Saturday and they are going to just replace all for with some Nittos light truck tires hopefully that will do the trick.

You could have a couple of bad tires. I would ask them to replace the suspect tires.

So there weird thing is they had already replaced my rear tires once before with the same Coopers ATP, but still I had like one ounce of weight on the front tires and like 6 ounces on each of the rears.

SORRY TO HIGHJACK this post Not my intention, but since it finally got resolved, I wanted to follow up in case someone has the same issue then we can continue with 31" Goodyear All-Terains.

So Discount replaced all of my tires with Nitto Grabbers AT's, and they ride a ton smoother, and all of them have a little over an ounce of weight. Although they are not perfect they are much much better. Now it only feels like I need a balance instead of it feeling like I was in the middle of loosing a tire. I have lost all confidence in Discount Tire, well at least the one in my neighborhood. I will say they bent over backwards trying to make it right, but I just don't think they have the skill to balance slightly over-sized tires.

Ok please carry on with this tread as intended.

I will say they bent over backwards trying to make it right, but I just don't think they have the skill to balance slightly over-sized tires.

The techs at most chains are not given enough time to do the job properly. The machine says, "Good Enough" and they give it back. They have cheaper prices through volume, so they rush customers through. You're better off finding a local shop. Chit chat a bit if you can, ask their opinion on something. Their prices may be a bit higher, but if you can build a relationship with them, they will bend over backward to make sure you're happy.