Picture request: no door mirrors

I just dealt with this issue yesterday. I had a pair of Harley mirrors laying around and I wondered if they would work. I took off the doors and with a little work got them to work out fine. I put the doors back on or I would take a picture for you.

I used a relocation bracket like this to move them off the door. Works for me.

th?id=OIP.6sKU_bHUqXWK0htwNWED5wEyDL&w=300&h=199&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.jpg

I used a relocation bracket like this to move them off the door. Works for me.

I use a similar setup with a relocation bracket.

Does the door pillar make it somewhat difficult to see out of the passenger side mirrow without leaning over?

Yes, which is why I typically move the mirrors back to the door location when the doors are on for this exact reason. Takes a few extra minutes, but I feel it is worth my time for safety.

Reactions: CodaMan
I use a black Harley Davidson mirror. Just drivers side, drops right in the top hinge.
I will upload a picture when I get home tonight.

Reactions: CodaMan
FYI...

Sec. 12-502. Mirrors. Every motor vehicle, operated singly or when towing another vehicle, shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such motor vehicle.
Over here you have have at least two mirror and one or them has to be on the passenger side.

I use kikbax foot pegs
View attachment 18674
That is a clever idea. I had not seen those before. Apparently they solve the dome light on issue, the mirror replacement issue, and the 'no place to put my foot outside the vehicle' issue. A little pricey, but to solve three issues with doors off, not really that bad. I really like the no mirror relocation bracket idea.