Piss & Moan Table

My daughter came home for the holidays. Her car was making a nasty noise when turning so wheel bearing.

I took it to a shop I use because I've never done one and didn't feel like wasting days learning. But he mentioned the rear brakes could use a replacement.

I've done brakes before so I bought everything to get it done. New pads and rotors. I think I figured out why the rear brakes were weak.

A pin on the driver's side was stuck, but I got it loose and cleaned up. After working for an hour to get the siezed rotor off the e-brake and another hour to free and clean everything up.

This one on the passenger side, not so much.

View attachment 387828

I don't think the brakes were operating properly. But do you know who sells a replacement bracket. Nobody. So I'm going to have to replace the whole caliper to get a stupid bracket. Oh well. 3 out of 4 brakes in 5 hours isn't too bad. The fronts just needed to clean them and check the pins were free floating.

Too much work to hit up a salvage yard huh? Asking for @AndyG lol

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
My daughter came home for the holidays. Her car was making a nasty noise when turning so wheel bearing.

I took it to a shop I use because I've never done one and didn't feel like wasting days learning. But he mentioned the rear brakes could use a replacement.

I've done brakes before so I bought everything to get it done. New pads and rotors. I think I figured out why the rear brakes were weak.

A pin on the driver's side was stuck, but I got it loose and cleaned up. After working for an hour to get the siezed rotor off the e-brake and another hour to free and clean everything up.

This one on the passenger side, not so much.

View attachment 387828

I don't think the brakes were operating properly. But do you know who sells a replacement bracket. Nobody. So I'm going to have to replace the whole caliper to get a stupid bracket. Oh well. 3 out of 4 brakes in 5 hours isn't too bad. The fronts just needed to clean them and check the pins were free floating.

When / if you do replace stuff, I started using the Raybestos plated stuff here where they use copious quantities of road salt. This has made a big difference in longevity.

Reactions: reddvltj
I ended up putting on a new caliper with bracket. New pins, bolts, everything.

It definitely stops now. I need to get tires for it next. The kid has 2 more years before getting a vet degree. So this is the last hurrah before she's an adult and does this on her own.

I'm getting too old.

She can sticth me up if I need it, and take care of my pets, so I'll probably come out even eventually.

Last edited:
I ended up putting on a new caliper with bracket. New pins, bolts, everything.

It definitely stops now. I need to get tires for it next. The kid has 2 more years before getting a vet degree. So this is the last hurrah before she's an adult and does this on her own.

I'm getting too old.

She can sticth me up if I need it, and take care of my pets, so I'll probably come out even eventually.
Cool!
My daughter graduated in September with her DVM. She's up in Kalispell now.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. This head cold can go away ANY TIME. I do feel somewhat better, but now seem to be having hot flashes - no fever like I had a couple/three days back, but I feel like I'm just burning up! No energy - stuck in front the computer or reading my books. Did do some on-line shoe shopping to replace the heeled sandals that go with the Elegant Gothic Aristocrat costume - old shoes are rotten, wife said "get rid of these things and buy some new ones." Unfortunately, it isn't easy.

Most here have already seen it, and/or are sick of it, but since you asked...

Costume, complete with updo:
00.jpg

New heels. Old ones were 3 inch, these are 3-1/2 inch, but are FAR more comfortable to wear:

000.jpg

Most here have already seen it, and/or are sick of it, but since you asked...

Costume, complete with updo:
View attachment 400511

New heels. Old ones were 3 inch, these are 3-1/2 inch, but are FAR more comfortable to wear:

View attachment 400513

You should never stand in front of the spare tire, in profile, while wearing a black dress 😉

had read online the first "all are welcome" car show of the year was in town tonight (y) decided to go do a looksie after finishing up yard work.

200.gif

Nothing but underbody lights, rev limiting exhaust and subwoofers + huge parking lot party. (n) decided to go grocery shopping instead.

read there was some drama last year and this group was kicked out of the weekly car show for exactly what I was seeing. surprised the red and blue lights weren't there yet sending people home. damn kids :ROFLMAO:

Since when is it my job to be pushed to use a self service kiosk when ordering food in store at Taco Bell?

arrive to the counter and wait for a cashier... only to be told "im sorry, our cash registers are closed at this time but you are still able to place your order at the kiosk. if your unable to use the kiosk we will assist you in doing so if need be."

Man, maybe im just getting old at 33 yrs but damn, back in my day.........

Since when is it my job to be pushed to use a self service kiosk when ordering food in store at Taco Bell?

arrive to the counter and wait for a cashier... only to be told "im sorry, our cash registers are closed at this time but you are still able to place your order at the kiosk. if your unable to use the kiosk we will assist you in doing so if need be."

Man, maybe im just getting old at 33 yrs but damn, back in my day.........

Damn I was just going to post in this thread.

We have a small liquor store in town, ran over to get a 12pk of Yeungling.

The worker (I don’t go in often so I don’t know if he’s new) anyway has ear buds in and is engrossed in conversation (Arabic) while I’m checking out.

It’s not like they’re that busy with customers, I was the only one there.

How about STFU for the 25 seconds it takes to check a patron out?

The worker (I don’t go in often so I don’t know if he’s new) anyway has ear buds in and is engrossed in conversation (Arabic) while I’m checking out.

Just admit it, you really bought Bud Light.

theres one just up the road from one of my work sites too, either ear buds or phone to the ear and no 1 on 1 interaction
200.gif