Piss & Moan Table

Since when is it my job to be pushed to use a self service kiosk when ordering food in store at Taco Bell?

arrive to the counter and wait for a cashier... only to be told "im sorry, our cash registers are closed at this time but you are still able to place your order at the kiosk. if your unable to use the kiosk we will assist you in doing so if need be."

Man, maybe im just getting old at 33 yrs but damn, back in my day.........

Honestly, I love it. Don't have to interact with people anymore.

Reactions: TJ Jim
Honestly, I love it. Don't have to interact with people anymore.

I don't use the kiosk, I just use the app. Pretty much only getting a meal at night with the family, or lunch while at work. I'd rather order in advance and then pick it up.

Also, when ordering for my family, I just have everyone order, then go pickup.

Only exception is if I want to go to a drive thru. At least they will still take your order. Though I have arrived to find a long line at the drive thru and order using the app from the parking lot.

I don't use the kiosk, I just use the app. Pretty much only getting a meal at night with the family, or lunch while at work. I'd rather order in advance and then pick it up.

Also, when ordering for my family, I just have everyone order, then go pickup.

Only exception is if I want to go to a drive thru. At least they will still take your order. Though I have arrived to find a long line at the drive thru and order using the app from the parking lot.

You can even order online with a real computer, then go pick up. Whether or not they get it right is a different issue.

at times its nice not interacting with people. but the kiosk should be a secondary option for checkout similar to what the grocery stores offer with self checkouts, not a primary option for in store dining.

taco bells policy of "were sorry our registers are closed use the kiosk" is a piss poor corporate policy in my opinion.

at times its nice not interacting with people. but the kiosk should be a secondary option for checkout similar to what the grocery stores offer with self checkouts, not a primary option for in store dining.

taco bells policy of "were sorry our registers are closed use the kiosk" is a piss poor corporate policy in my opinion.

I avoid kiosks - and self checkout for that matter - like the plague, but sometimes you can't. Its not just the principle of the thing, I have problems with touch screens - dry fingertips I guess. Biometrics don't work well for me either - my bank uses a hand reader plus PIN to let customers into the safe deposit vault. They've re-calibrated the darn thing to my hand 3 times and it still doesn't work the next time I come in. Everybody else, hand place, click, and they're in. I have problems with my Kindle E-reader as well - I'm currently on my 3rd device, never really had problems with the older ones, but this one is not only unresponsive touchscreen wise, but it also is FULL of latency which I see damn near everywhere with embedded computer systems. {Insert rant about code monkeys who never passed CS-101}

I avoid kiosks - and self checkout for that matter - like the plague, but sometimes you can't. Its not just the principle of the thing, I have problems with touch screens - dry fingertips I guess. Biometrics don't work well for me either - my bank uses a hand reader plus PIN to let customers into the safe deposit vault. They've re-calibrated the darn thing to my hand 3 times and it still doesn't work the next time I come in. Everybody else, hand place, click, and they're in. I have problems with my Kindle E-reader as well - I'm currently on my 3rd device, never really had problems with the older ones, but this one is not only unresponsive touchscreen wise, but it also is FULL of latency which I see damn near everywhere with embedded computer systems. {Insert rant about code monkeys who never passed CS-101}

I prefer the kiosks or apps because it allows me to customize the food that I normally wouldn’t if dealing with an employee.

I’ve found communicating with employees to be getting harder as it’s very common that their grasp of the English language isn’t strong.

I prefer the kiosks or apps because it allows me to customize the food that I normally wouldn’t if dealing with an employee.

I’ve found communicating with employees to be getting harder as it’s very common that their grasp of the English language isn’t strong.

Yup. And the English language comment has nothing to do with whether English is their first language! 🤣

I'll walk into one of those places and go straight to the kiosk with no one in line and 3 bored cashiers standing their watching me. Not that it's ever happened, but that's what I would do.

We normally drive right past the Mcdonalds and go to an excellent Mexican restaurant. Drinks and chips on the table immediately. Food quickly after. Two of us can eat for $12.
Actually went to McD's Friday....someone gave me a gift card. My son (as we pull into the McD's parking lot) says: "So Mexican?" :ROFLMAO:

In my experience it seems order errors originate at entry about 90% of the time, so by me entering it, they're right a lot more often.

I’ll print the receipt and if the product doesn’t match they can correct the error. Again, easier than explaining to a worker that you told them something they didn’t understand.

We normally drive right past the Mcdonalds and go to an excellent Mexican restaurant. Drinks and chips on the table immediately. Food quickly after. Two of us can eat for $12.
Actually went to McD's Friday....someone gave me a gift card. My son (as we pull into the McD's parking lot) says: "So Mexican?" :ROFLMAO:

There are no restaurants around here you can have a meal for two at $12. Taco Bell was $9.50 for two items last month and Subways are over $14 per hero. Forget about the Deli, their heroes are going for $16-$18 each (although you are generally getting a much better product than the chains).

There are no restaurants around here you can have a meal for two at $12. Taco Bell was $9.50 for two items last month and Subways are over $14 per hero. Forget about the Deli, their heroes are going for $16-$18 each (although you are generally getting a much better product than the chains).

If you only drink water and get an enchilada a la carte and don’t leave a tip you could eat for $12 here. We must have greedier Mexicanish restauranteurs here as compared to Indiana.

I like that aspect as well since my kids are always special ordering everything. Like 3 of the same item, all 3 are ordered differently. Their app makes that pretty easy.

One thing I don't like though — some places like Taco Bell have 'online only' items. So one time I was going through the drive through and tried to order something. They won't even let you order it at the drive through. That's pretty lame.

I like that aspect as well since my kids are always special ordering everything. Like 3 of the same item, all 3 are ordered differently. Their app makes that pretty easy.

One thing I don't like though — some places like Taco Bell have 'online only' items. So one time I was going through the drive through and tried to order something. They won't even let you order it at the drive through. That's pretty lame.

That’s crazy they wouldn’t let you order it with all the secret menu items out there. I’m guessing that isn’t handled the same way at all taco smells.

Buffalo Wild Wings has things available online that they sometimes won’t let me order when dining in. Very annoying.

I have a monthly car wash package for my Altima. I'm much to lazy to wash my car everyday since it's black it's always dirty.

Well today a Porsche boxster convertible was in front of me. I told the guy working there is no way I would take that car, or my Corvette into the car wash.

He said I would have it detailed and washed by hand. They have that there, I'm done ranting for now.

In my experience it seems order errors originate at entry about 90% of the time, so by me entering it, they're right a lot more often.

There's something to be said for that - I ordered a Whopper at BK a couple of days ago, and got a Whopper Jr. instead. They charged me correctly for the Jr, but "really?".

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
I have a monthly car wash package for my Altima. I'm much to lazy to wash my car everyday since it's black it's always dirty.

Well today a Porsche boxster convertible was in front of me. I told the guy working there is no way I would take that car, or my Corvette into the car wash.

He said I would have it detailed and washed by hand. They have that there, I'm done ranting for now.

I have a Boxster convertible, no way in heck would I run it through a commercial car wash, even with the hardtop on. I take it to self serve car washes and just use the plain water on low pressure and bring my own soap and bucket (better lighting at night and living in the country too much dirt around my yard!).

Came home Wednesday to a small flood in the laundry room, traced it up to a leaking inlet valve on my water neutralizer. I didn't want to mess with it because it's plastic piping from the house joined to a brass fitting on the unit so I called my plumber. He walked in this morning, looked at it & said hell no I'm not touching that, you need to call the water softener people... after looking at it for a few minutes & with some "come-on-mans" from me he wrenched on it for a while & got it apart & did the repair; the brass fitting was corroded & developed a pinhole. Not surprised, I have really acidic water & that's what the neutralizer is for, only this side of it gets the untreated water, kind of surprised this thing lasted nearly 20 years to begin with. Anyway, I went into the laundry room later on in the day & isn't the f'ing outlet valve dripping now :mad:

At least for now it's a really slow drip, not too surprised either the way he had to wrestle with the other side to get it off, apparently jarred something loose, all part of the risk when I gave him the go ahead... if it goes full geyser on me I'll just cut the plastic & bypass the whole unit, prolly needs to be replaced anyway at this stage.

Then:

following a stump-related snapped mower deck belt & bent blade fiasco of earlier in the week, I jumped on the old Deere a couple hours ago to do a cross cut on the part of the backyard that grows twice as fast as the rest due to more sun, and after the post-repair cut there were massive piles of grass everywhere & some unevenness due to the foot tall jungle I cut down. Anyway, I'm just about done & as I'm riding along I see a wheel laying on the grass, naturally it was one of my anti-scalp wheels that broke free at the weld on the prior lap.

Sunuvabitch.

To round things out, was at the dentist last week, chipped a tooth, that's on the repair schedule for 2 weeks hence

That's all I got

It still beat a day in the office

If you only drink water and get an enchilada a la carte and don’t leave a tip you could eat for $12 here. We must have greedier Mexicanish restauranteurs here as compared to Indiana.

Wife and I went to a local Tex-mex bar/grill, 2 dinners, 2 IPA's and one real drink was $66 before tip and they charged me $1 for a 2oz container of extra hot sauce...lol