Piss & Moan Table

whatever you want to call it these folks will hold a Rattlesnake, Copper Head, really any poisonous snake.

That takes faith in my book.

I have/had friends that would no doubt do it after a measured quantity of alcohol or other controlled substance...so it might not all be down to faith... :giggle:

• Face Palm
Reactions: John Cooper
Interesting , I don't remember the apostles handing snakes to have saving faith in Jesus Christ .

Can't argue with you. Won't argue with you.

I'm a Christian and don't hold to their beliefs (Church of Jesus Christ with Signs following).

But I sure do respect them, I have handled poisonous snakes and still do, not for church or anything, but because I like snakes.

Reactions: ColoJeep

You are 100 percent right-

That’s not faith that is tempting fate-

Just like Siegfried and Roy - one getting mauled by a tiger- You got in the cage with the 1200 pound wild animal what did you think was gonna happen-

Or the kid in Florida who got drowned in the killer whale tank- Parents sued said they didn’t have proper signage-

You’d think the sign that says KILLER WHALE might keep your water head kid out of the fish tank.

If you read the Bible correctly it said that they would be protected from that....Not to go and do it and see what happens.

One guy was bitten at a snake handling church and after about eight hours he died and the pastor stated “well I guess it was just his time to go”

Well buddy it started being his time to go to about eight hours ago when he picked up the stupid snake.

If you want to prove to me that you’ve got the right spirit then live right.

Last edited:
I got a lot of deliveries today, which is why I plowed the driveway again this morning after the 3” of snow we got on top of the 15” or so yesterday. Then I had to cut two downed hemlocks off the main road that the storm knocked over. Open for business.
USPS delivers my Black Magic Brakes and the rotor boxes are all beat up, breached and re-taped. There’s an apology note on one from the postmaster, but it includes blaming senders who don’t properly package their stuff. I can assure you BMB did a fine job with the packaging, just not good enough to survive the USPS apparently. Thankfully no rotor damage or missing hardware. And I took it for granted but the BMB packages were delivered to my garage.
Amazon delivered several boxes, also to my garage. No issues.
The comes FEDEX to deliver my new welder and welding table. Two pricey items in thief-magnet boxes with pretty pictures of the expensive equipment inside. FedEx leaves them at the road. Like on the apron of the main street. Didn’t even try to go up the driveway. Does that count as “delivery”?! Luckily I was checking my emails, saw it was delivered and went looking for it. We’ve had them leave stuff down there before and the plow truck comes and buries it in a snow bank. it’s just unacceptable. I left a bad review but I’m sure it won’t do anything.

So I had to come piss and moan. That made me feel a little better.

Amazon makes mistakes occasionally but I am impressed that in a few short years they created a delivery network that is far, far superior to the big ones that have been around for decades. It’s one of the reasons I buy so much from them. Fast, reliable, and if there are any problems at all it’s so easy to return stuff. All for no extra cost. The big boys better catch up or go extinct. No offense to anybody who works for USPS, UPS or FedEx … I do know some folks there.
I'm FED UP with FED EX. Well packed bird feeder my wife ordered showed up with minor damage. If something is going to be screwed up or damaged, its usually FED EX.

Awe. Give FedEx a break. They delivered my new shrubbery to the wrong address. Called in a complaint and this time they sent my replacement order shrubbery to my house.
Later the people that got my first order brought the first order to me. So……
FedEx bought me all new plants. I tried to do the right thing and return the double order but the nursery wouldn’t take them back.
Thanks FedEx.

Story time again.

I go to see my diabetes doctor last week. She said it's time to get your eyes checked again and this time I don't want you to get it done at the lab here, you need them checked by an Ophthalmologist. (I'm not the one who got the appointment last year)

I go to my primary Doctor the next day she says you need to have your eyes checked again. I tell her what the other doctor said, she said okay they will be calling you.

I get a call on my way home, they can see me in a couple of days. I get a text with a link to a bunch of questions etc. plus a video about my upcoming appointment.

The video says plan on a 3 hour visit? I get to my appointment the woman has a clipboard says thanks for filling out the forms online, now I need you to fill out these forms?

I show her my hands then I ask her what do you think I'm going to do with those?

Oh I'll fill them out with you. That took 15 minutes I'm getting pissed. I said why wasn't this online? Will anyone look at this or like most places will they just ask me these questions in the room? I didn't expect answers.

I set down there is a guy at the other end of the room talking loud giving a lecture on American Civics. He talked non stop about the banking system and how that connects to slavery. Then tied it to what powers congress has compared to the president 🙄.

I would've felt bad for the poor woman he was talking to but from the looks of all the faces in the room everyone was suffering.

A woman who works there comes into the room, I'm talking to myself saying please, please call my name. She says my name using the most annoying baby talk voice. I'm thinking someone just shoot me and put me out of my misery.

She takes me into a room, then she is asking me about my cataract surgery, then about the laser they used after the new lenses clouded up.

Her baby talk voice was like nails on a chalkboard. She finally got done talking and I waited in a different waiting room.

Then another woman who works there sets down next to me, then asks why am I there. I tell her about my two doctors, she said well somehow you got an appointment for a cataract surgery pre-screening, but you already had surgery on both eyes in 2010.

So I was annoyed for nothing, I now have an appointment with an Ophthalmologist not a cataract surgeon.

I'm done bitching for now.

We flooded a finished basement today with dozens of signed Alabama football prints and a custom Alabama logo felted billiard table-

There was no excuse for the mistake-

So ....

The water clean up company was explicitly told up front by the owner he would pay the bill, his idea.

Them knowing this (and them not knowing I knew this) , they came to me on the sly and set me up to pay also.

That is correct. They tried to collect from us both.

How did we flood a basement? What was the root cause?

Self.

I have an older worker, seasoned, experienced, helpful and generally dangerous.

He lives to get praise and one upmanship.

If we start at 7 he will come at 6:20 and brag all day about it.

He paid less for everything. Negotiates at Mcdonald’s.

Works 3 days a week.

He was off tuesday, but shows up as we are deep in a serious structural load change at a job 30 minutes from where he lives because “he just had some questions” about todays work. This was more “yall look how dedicated I am” behavior.

Well man, the job is 12 minutes from your house, glad to pay you to go scope it out .....and please text questions.

So, with all this interruption of a 6 man crew I’m paying and leading, and forcing himself into getting attention for planning something that is not even happening yet, he failed to anticipate how to disconnect the water properly below the bath prior to start and left the bathroom live.

Last edited:
OK the next day becomes page 2 of the same problem I just described above-

The same arrogant narcissistic worker that flooded the bathroom goes back to the same house the next morning and of course he’s doing a better job than anybody possibly could continuing to take the bathroom apart.

So I reached out to him and I said hey buddy - Is the water live in that bathroom still?

“yes sir”

OK stop everything immediately. Immediately turn off the water and get our own staff plumber and kill the water to the area from the exposed plumbing lines below just like I told you you should’ve done when you started.

Idiot.

There is a saying that the best people don’t need instructions and the terrible ones will not follow them anyway.

Talk about not learning anything.

That is pretty dense right there.

I struggle with this mentality constantly. We hire the best people we can find- We pay well- We pay for children’s school clothes- We have paid for funerals of parents- We train, but at the end of the day I have to personally be right on top of everything or it will go south.

The attached image is called a dovecote gable. The original intention of the design was to let birds nest attics by the holes created with the curvature in the vertical pieces.

19396984-5D78-4EE6-8305-DD1F7BDD02B2.png

Instead my guy actually made the holes-

1FC11ED7-9A41-489F-AD34-FB672AB8A52E.png