Power steering fluid leak?

Your PS reservoir is exactly where it should be on the 2.5 which is unlike the 4.0 PS reservoir, it has a dovetail slide molded into the fan shroud.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
If closing the hood and it suddenly leaks indicates that the hood is putting pressure on to what ever is leaking. So see if there is any indication on the hood to show some wear or scuff or anything. It sounds like a cracked reservoir that only leaks when the hood is forcing it to flex the plastic a bit.

If closing the hood and it suddenly leaks indicates that the hood is putting pressure on to what ever is leaking. So see if there is any indication on the hood to show some wear or scuff or anything. It sounds like a cracked reservoir that only leaks when the hood is forcing it to flex the plastic a bit.
I think you mistook my joke for a reported issue. :LOL: I was just being sardonic when I said it will spit all over your shoes when you close the hood.

I’ve figured out the leak is coming from the power steering reservoir, but I can’t get the reservoir to detach from the hoses. Do y’all have any tricks on getting the hoses off? The clamps game off but the hoses won’t budge. Thanks again!!

Those are just rubber hoses (no threaded metal connectors on the ends), are they not? (sorry, mine has a 4.0 so it's different) If so, you will want to just replace them in total. The leakage is either being caused by a failure (crack) in the reservoir (at or in the connection point) or in a deformation of the hose around the connection point. In either case, those hoses are quite inexpensive bulk items that you should replace with the res. (if it's the issue) or rather than trying to repair, trim, etc. if they, themselves are leaking.

If you need to "remove" them in order to get the bad reservoir out, just cut them.