Power Tools: Battery Power vs Air Compressor

can somebody come up with a handheld battery powered air compressor that will inflate my tires at a rate similar to that of my 33gal Craftsman compressor? :ROFLMAO: I just drug that sucker out to air up my tires...hose, extension cord and everything.

Satisfied T&B metal-tab tie user here, reporting in - next year will be my 30th year! About 15 years ago, our local Home Depot carried them, but then stopped carrying them and closed them out at a ridiculously-low price (like 80% off or something.) I bought them out, and the very last bag has a couple dozen left in it now. :cry:

I do have some "Cobra" ties that do not have a metal tab that I've been trying very recently because they are low profile, and don't leave a skin-slicing tab, and I'm pretty sure I first heard about them from someone here. I've had good luck with them for tying wiring harnesses cleanly to the chassis, but I still use the T&B metal tab ties for "mission critical" tying.

Very soon, I'm going to have to spend the big bucks replenishing my T&B stash...

Reactions: machoheadgames
Why does there always have to be that guy in the crowd?

Try this, 3 nails per second into hard wood, zero ramp up time, and uses the common collated round head nails. I use the gold standard Hitachi Pneumatic and they have identical performance.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Produ.../Nailers-and-Staplers/Framing-Nailers/2745-20
Those are some hot tits, Blaine. 🥶

Just because I haven't seen one doesn't mean they don't exist. I work in the industry and have seen something close to twenty different kinds of cordless framing and roofing nailers and none were very fast. Some were down right pathetic. (think one nail every four or five seconds) Time is money out here where it snows. Milwaukee is a popular brand and I know a handful of guys that have the whole kit and caboodle. They don't have the nailer you mentioned, though. Maybe because they can't afford it. Not my business why.

Is a $350 cordless framing nailer worth the price? If I was a framer...yes. But I'm not a framer and my pneumatic will work just fine for my needs.

We aren't doing you a favor, we can't give the damn things away.
Its still generous of you to go to the trouble - you have to pack it up and ship it off, etc, etc. I for one appreciate that...

Ok, here's the deal. Bottom line, the charger is $21 + local tax shipped. I save by buying the tool and a battery separately - the kit ends up costing almost $30 more than if I just buy the tool, battery, and a charger separately. The only difference is that I get a carrying case with the kit that I wouldn't use anyway - and certainly isn't worth $30!

I figure you can ship yours cheaper than that...

Last edited:
Where do you get the zip ties? Looks like Delcity has some. Never knew such a thing even existed. Can’t say I’ve ever had problems with heavy duty plastic ones but metal tooth sounds nice.
Thomas and Betts TY527MX TY524MX are just 2 part numbers, many different sizes and panduit makes some too... get real zip ties not chicom crap... fuck, I am behind again...sorry for the dublicate

Satisfied T&B metal-tab tie user here, reporting in - next year will be my 30th year! About 15 years ago, our local Home Depot carried them, but then stopped carrying them and closed them out at a ridiculously-low price (like 80% off or something.) I bought them out, and the very last bag has a couple dozen left in it now. :cry:

I do have some "Cobra" ties that do not have a metal tab that I've been trying very recently because they are low profile, and don't leave a skin-slicing tab, and I'm pretty sure I first heard about them from someone here. I've had good luck with them for tying wiring harnesses cleanly to the chassis, but I still use the T&B metal tab ties for "mission critical" tying.

Very soon, I'm going to have to spend the big bucks replenishing my T&B stash...
We had them when I was in the Army in 2002, cobra cable ties were the shit back then for low profile...

Thomas and Betts TY527MX TY524MX are just 2 part numbers, many different sizes and panduit makes some too... get real zip ties not chicom crap... fuck, I am behind again...sorry for the dublicate
Yeah they have an overwhelming part number system. I ordered 200 7” 50 lb and 50 13” 120 lb. I’ll critique as I go from there and see. Pretty much always use the 7”. I use a lot of Chinese 4” but it wouldn’t be a bad thing to use 7” instead. Or just get some T&B or Panduit 4”.

Those are some hot tits, Blaine. 🥶

Just because I haven't seen one doesn't mean they don't exist. I work in the industry and have seen something close to twenty different kinds of cordless framing and roofing nailers and none were very fast. Some were down right pathetic. (think one nail every four or five seconds) Time is money out here where it snows. Milwaukee is a popular brand and I know a handful of guys that have the whole kit and caboodle. They don't have the nailer you mentioned, though. Maybe because they can't afford it. Not my business why.

Is a $350 cordless framing nailer worth the price? If I was a framer...yes. But I'm not a framer and my pneumatic will work just fine for my needs.
I use the Hitachi. I don't know that the weight of the Milwaukee is worth it.

Reactions: ejay
Yeah they have an overwhelming part number system. I ordered 200 7” 50 lb and 50 13” 120 lb. I’ll critique as I go from there and see. Pretty much always use the 7”. I use a lot of Chinese 4” but it wouldn’t be a bad thing to use 7” instead. Or just get some T&B or Panduit 4”.
The longer ones are a few pennies more than the short ones. I can always cut one, I don't own a stretcher yet. So, I buy 12-14" versions which also helps to fish them around bundles in place already.

Its still generous of you to go to the trouble - you have to pack it up and ship it off, etc, etc. I for one appreciate that...

Ok, here's the deal. Bottom line, the charger is $21 + local tax shipped. I save by buying the tool and a battery separately - the kit ends up costing almost $30 more than if I just buy the tool, battery, and a charger separately. The only difference is that I get a carrying case with the kit that I wouldn't use anyway - and certainly isn't worth $30!

I figure you can ship yours cheaper than that...
All it takes is an address.

Width is what I look for, I buy them by the 1000 per size for work. Longer is better than too short. wire bundles would be goo for the short ones, I used the 12" or longer for things around coolant lines and hoses.

Reactions: machoheadgames
Thanks, will definitely take a look at those too. Already ordered T&B but next time I need some I’ll Evaluate the price.

The longer ones are a few pennies more than the short ones. I can always cut one, I don't own a stretcher yet. So, I buy 12-14" versions which also helps to fish them around bundles in place already.
That is a very valid point. Have to cut them anyways, making them longer by default is not bad. Seems like the long ones are usually more expensive significantly which is why I’ve always bought the shorter ones for their use. When I’m back to the computer I’ll do more looking. Thanks for the link.

My son is a contractor (builder) , I recently bought his tool supply of Milwaukee and am very happy with all …..till I saw his purchase of Rigid . If you register the tools and batteries , they are lifetime replacement . Table saws to batteries , Hard to even compete in this day . Only problem is Home Depot. Battery nailer is crazy. Not sure about vs. the fuel but all in all with lifetime batteries , hard to beat.

Reactions: Zorba
Got some time to look at the link and you are right, these make most sense to buy in the longer versions. Went with 1000-ct 14 inchers, 50 lb. More than enough for tying wire. I also bought the Milwaukee flush cutters as well as some of their various pliers I have wanted forever but never pulled the trigger. And then I checked out their socket sets and bought all 3 because I need good socket sets once and for all. Fuck, my wallet hurts, but I'm sure I will appreciate all of the purchases.

The flat sides on the sockets and the removable socket trays from the carrying cases are brilliant ideas. Milwaukee is definitely good at taking an average product that everyone knows and is used to and improves it in ways not thought of.

Reactions: Apparition