Pray for Oregon

You know if you guys out west had been sweeping the forest floor as our president suggested, none of this would have happened :LOL:
...and global warming, trust me, it will cool off. OMFG!
And he won't send aid because the gov's are dems, WTF?
...Oh, and another edit: "I've spoken to leaders of other countries, and their trees explode. We don't have exploding trees here".
Are you fucking kidding me?!
I sincerely apologize for not being out there with my broom 🤣 in all honesty it is much too expensive to clean millions of acres of forest land of downed fuel. Sadly fire is natural and the ecosystem actually requires it to happen to function correctly (we do controlled burning for that reason and well as many others).

Reactions: Rick Flair
What are you talking about? This is a state issue and please, take the political nonsense out of this particular thread.
You “could” say that having our funding cut for wild land firefighting by Trump was bad, but our president is in no way to blame for arson and lack of state forest management practices being followed through on. For those outside of Oregon, the state department of forestry was sued earlier this year for millions because they failed to do a good job thinning and logging. Millions. They fucked up big time.

I sincerely apologize for not being out there with my broom 🤣 in all honesty it is much too expensive to clean millions of acres of forest land of downed fuel. Sadly fire is natural and the ecosystem actually requires it to happen to function correctly (we do controlled burning for that reason and well as many others).
As well as responsible logging, I totally understand that. There is a science behind it all. And protecting life and property is in that equation.

You “could” say that having our funding cut for wild land firefighting by Trump was bad, but our president is in no way to blame for arson and lack of state forest management practices being followed through on. For those outside of Oregon, the state department of forestry was sued earlier this year for millions because they failed to do a good job thinning and logging. Millions. They fucked up big time.

True, but I still think it’s always a state issue with budgets. I mean, you can always pull from the general fund to make up for lack fo full funding.

I’m not familiar with why funding was pulled. Was it due to mismanagement of the department?

either way, I see the state fire marshal resigned. He said it was due to his hands being tied and not able to manage things like needed to be (I’m paraphrasing of course).

Either way, I didn’t want this thread to dive down into the political hole that’s easy to do these days and focus on our residents, first responders and hoping to raise awareness.

True, but I still think it’s always a state issue with budgets. I mean, you can always pull from the general fund to make up for lack fo full funding.

I’m not familiar with why funding was pulled. Was it due to mismanagement of the department?

either way, I see the state fire marshal resigned. He said it was due to his hands being tied and not able to manage things like needed to be (I’m paraphrasing of course).

Either way, I didn’t want this thread to dive down into the political hole that’s easy to do these days and focus on our residents, first responders and hoping to raise awareness.
Luckily on the Federal side we are absolved from many of the local political debate when it come to management practices. We follow federal guidelines, which in Oregon are way more relaxed than state regs. I feel bad for the state fm, we were briefed his plan during joint ops and everyone on the fed side agreed he has a level head. Unfortunate that, like you said, his hands were tied in a way that prevent proper management. Our funding was cut as a general scale back from gov over spending (understandable). But the state still spends more and more with less and less proper care. I agree, and will halt any more political speaking in accordance with this thread 👍🏽

Luckily on the Federal side we are absolved from many of the local political debate when it come to management practices. We follow federal guidelines, which in Oregon are way more relaxed than state regs. I feel bad for the state fm, we were briefed his plan during joint ops and everyone on the fed side agreed he has a level head. Unfortunate that, like you said, his hands were tied in a way that prevent proper management. Our funding was cut as a general scale back from gov over spending (understandable). But the state still spends more and more with less and less proper care. I agree, and will halt any more political speaking in accordance with this thread 👍🏽

Thank you for breaking it down, it really does help and adds to understanding where we are here in Oregon. Yeah he seemed like a good guy (the state FM) and it sucks to lose a good one due to politics. This state frustrates me for that!

Carry on gents!

@Rubi04 Your friends doing okay man? We are currently winning the fight.

As well as can be. Thanks for asking. It’s going to be a long road for many and people are helping in ways I haven’t seen.

Thank you for pushing into this and keeping up the good fight. Does your team need some drinks or food or???? We have lots of help and would be happy to give what we can!!!’

As well as can be. Thanks for asking. It’s going to be a long road for many and people are helping in ways I haven’t seen.

Thank you for pushing into this and keeping up the good fight. Does your team need some drinks or food or???? We have lots of help and would be happy to give what we can!!!’
We are golden on our side, I feel for those who lost their homes/lives and and glad that y’all are out there helping them recover! Stay safe my brother.

We have been seeing red sunsets and sunrises here in Wisconsin lately - caused by your smoke. Praying for you guys.
Spring is normally our fire season- after snow melt and before green up. A high % of conifers like we have in Central Wisconsin can feed some pretty big fires fast. I thought I was going to have to evac a few years back but wind died just before dusk when it was 3/4 mile away after rolling over 5 miles-- here we are fortunate to not have such large fires or near the frequency of yours. Be safe !!