Problems filling fuel tank

Is this an issue with 97 TJs too?

I have a 97, and as you can see from some of my other posts on this thread and others, my issue turned out to be different. Let me know what you're experiencing and maybe I can save you some time.

We did it that way many times. The trick is to take a motorcycle ratchet strap and find a spot on the jack lifting head that you can hook to and then get to both ends of the tank skid which will at least slow down how much it wants to move around on you.

I wish someone could have seen me struggle to drop and replace my tank and skid using nothing but a bottle jack and two small jack stands. But I got it in the end ...

I have a 97, and as you can see from some of my other posts on this thread and others, my issue turned out to be different. Let me know what you're experiencing and maybe I can save you some time.
Thanks again for sharing. Mine (97 TJ 4.0) is also slow to fill up and when I dropped the tank and reached out for the plunger I saw the balls 😀, and not the moving design as the 02-06 fellas. So, till now I have just changed the fuel pump assembly and on standby waiting for further instructions before I get ready to button up. Please let me know if there is anything I should take care of while the gas tank is out to speed up the fueling process.

Thanks again for sharing. Mine (97 TJ 4.0) is also slow to fill up and when I dropped the tank and reached out for the plunger I saw the balls 😀, and not the moving design as the 02-06 fellas. So, till now I have just changed the fuel pump assembly and on standby waiting for further instructions before I get ready to button up. Please let me know if there is anything I should take care of while the gas tank is out to speed up the fueling process

Sure. I described my problem here. Wrote about the solution here, and also the posts below that one.

I had tried the GM fix, was no real fix. finally got around to dropping the tank and sanding down the overflow valve as described. World of difference. Thanks team.

Reactions: Farmergreg