S Spurrier

Supporting Member
Picked up this 2006 LJ (6speed, 177k miles) for around 5500 last May. Was bone stock and had sun damage to the pain on the passenger side with a rusted through front fender and two holes through the passenger rear quarter. Spent most of last year on the mechanicals (brakes, wheel bearings, new exhaust from the cats back) but managed to replace the front fender and put in some minor work on the interior (Android Auto Head Unit, Big Boy seat brackets).

Well for Christmas my wife let me "get it moving" so I took it to a great local shop where I got it regeared (4.56), got a 3" JKS JSPEC lift and replaced all suspension components, added ARB air lockers front and rear, new bumpers front and rear and new wheels (MT Classic 3's) and 33x10.5x15 BF K02s.

Will add some shots of the front when I can blur the plate later..

20200215_104826.jpg

20200215_104838.jpg

20190526_102334 (1).jpg

20190526_102432.jpg

Reactions: Apparition
While it was in the shop I also had the gas tank replaced (looks like it had been scraped over something and repaired in the past) so put in a 24gal genright tank.

Also installed a SYE, did a minor overhaul of the transfer case while doing that. And since pretty much all of the undercarriage was disconnected I had them remove any surface rust (on the lower control arm mounts) and they cleaned and undercoated the entire undercarriage.

And if that wasnt enough the radiator was on its last leg so went with a Griffin aluminum version.

This thing will spend most of it's time on roads and taking us camping in the NE and hoping to have some at the off road parks in PA.

I see your rear plate...but dont worry.

Looks good. Keep an eye on the radiator, many have the best luck using an OEM cooling system.

I see your rear plate...but dont worry.

Looks good. Keep an eye on the radiator, many have the best luck using an OEM cooling system.
Funny enough that's a dealer tag from when I bought it. I read the feedback on the radiator and will keep an eye on it as I was split but it's going to spend 80% of it's time on tarmac and probably only see 6-8k miles a year.