Project input or help with a dilemma please

I wished I watched more than 1min of that video (not really though), I would have said to avoid them, but I'm also partial to going back on a word. You're in a awkward position, but I stand by what I initially said; kind of damned it you do, damned if you don't.
I'll bow out, good luck with your decision.

I wished I watched more than 1min of that video (not really though), I would have said to avoid them, but I'm also partial to going back on a word. You're in a awkward position, but I stand by what I initially said; kind of damned it you do, damned if you don't.
I'll bow out, good luck with your decision.
I haven't committed to anything yet. And, even if I had, I have full discretion to change my mind when it comes to handing out that much in free parts.

Reactions: S.McArthur
I've considered inviting them to the threads to justify their position(s)/existence but I'd rather not be the cause of that much potential drama. On the other hand, I'd feel some better for all the times others have done similar.

drop the breadcrumbs see if they are slick enough to pick up and follow the trail, no different that any other new to the game player.
instead of an invitation, maybe just the advice that the source can offer insight into building options, and become educated to the tools we use and why.

things like the SYE and DC shaft for taller lift heights. upgraded steering, upgraded brakes. are all items that anyone that passes the recommended sys parameters can benefit from.

drop the breadcrumbs see if they are slick enough to pick up and follow the trail, no different that any other new to the game player.
instead of an invitation, maybe just the advice that the source can offer insight into building options, and become educated to the tools we use and why.

things like the SYE and DC shaft for taller lift heights. upgraded steering, upgraded brakes. are all items that anyone that passes the recommended sys parameters can benefit from.
The breadcrumbs are already here aren't they? No, I'm not taking them to raise. That's someone else's job. Besides, I tend to avoid anything with a "channel". I'm sorta picky that way. I do my own thing, I come up with my own ideas and I never want that polluted, inspired, or confused by seeing something done elsewhere. You may have noticed that I comment very little in the build threads section. There's a reason for that.

If you're not interested in sponsoring their Jeep:

I'd probably just say that the build they're currently working on isn't the type that your company is focusing on as far as promotion goes and if their build changes in the future they are welcome to reach out again. You'd still be happy to sell brakes to them and will support the install and product like you do any of your other customers, maybe offer a small discount.

I've considered inviting them to the threads to justify their position(s)/existence but I'd rather not be the cause of that much potential drama. On the other hand, I'd feel some better for all the times others have done similar.
Why not? People on here would educate them really quick and if they whined it might degrade into a shit show but if the are willing to learn it would be better for them. IMHO

Watched some of their other videos. I liked their fender black restoration video and after watching their PCM video it will be interesting to see if their PCM option is viable over time.

toximus has a good idea there.

i feel an internal struggle. so i'm gonna back out leaving this.

your roots are planted deep, and spanning the branches to grab a little more sun won't change this.

Reactions: taylormade73
I'm not sure how you could tap into it but the "overlander" market is blowing up big time and they tend to like premium products. Finding a way into that market would probably be worth your time. Maybe becoming a forum sponsor on an overland forum.

Do you make BMB for the JK and JL? I saw you already make them for common GM vehicles.

I'm not sure how you could tap into it but the "overlander" market is blowing up big time and they tend to like premium products. . . .
i

The "overlander" market has always been big, just substitute "car camping" or merely "camping" in place of the cachet term du jour.

@mrblaine, Having watched that video my suggestion is to stay away and not be associated with that type of a build or a YouTube channel. I understand you are a man of your words and hence probably your dilemma here, but I would think that had you seen the video before, this thread won't even exist. Just my 2 cents.

The breadcrumbs are already here aren't they? No, I'm not taking them to raise. That's someone else's job. Besides, I tend to avoid anything with a "channel". I'm sorta picky that way. I do my own thing, I come up with my own ideas and I never want that polluted, inspired, or confused by seeing something done elsewhere. You may have noticed that I comment very little in the build threads section. There's a reason for that.
It seems that this would make the acorn’s journey into becoming a mighty oak tree more difficult.

I respect what you’ve done and have nothing bad to say about any of it, I’m just looking at it from a perspective I was taught at my first sales job many years ago: just because you think that’s a bad idea doesn’t mean a million other people will.

Definitely stay true to yourself and follow your gut but don’t be afraid to do whatever it takes to grow that mighty oak tree - if that’s what you really want, of course.

It seems that this would make the acorn’s journey into becoming a mighty oak tree more difficult.
I don't know. All I know is that I've never had a teacher or mentor. Everything I've come up with I had to do by myself through experience and looking stuff up to try and figure it out. The only time I go looking for ideas is when I've come up with something and want to ensure that I'm not copying someone else.

I respect what you’ve done and have nothing bad to say about any of it, I’m just looking at it from a perspective I was taught at my first sales job many years ago: just because you think that’s a bad idea doesn’t mean a million other people will.
Somehow that is a concept that I have never been able to figure out. If I think it is dumb, I don't do it. Then I look around and find out that there are millions of dumb things sold everyday that mean I'm an idiot.

Definitely stay true to yourself and follow your gut but don’t be afraid to do whatever it takes to grow that mighty oak tree - if that’s what you really want, of course.
This is one of those that I don't really have a clear direction on. On one hand, I'm not opposed to helping folks get going, on the other, some of the shit in the video is very hard for me to get past. I see zero fucking value in sitting inside a tire, much less putting that in the video. WTF??

I don't know. All I know is that I've never had a teacher or mentor. Everything I've come up with I had to do by myself through experience and looking stuff up to try and figure it out. The only time I go looking for ideas is when I've come up with something and want to ensure that I'm not copying someone else.

Somehow that is a concept that I have never been able to figure out. If I think it is dumb, I don't do it. Then I look around and find out that there are millions of dumb things sold everyday that mean I'm an idiot.

This is one of those that I don't really have a clear direction on. On one hand, I'm not opposed to helping folks get going, on the other, some of the shit in the video is very hard for me to get past. I see zero fucking value in sitting inside a tire, much less putting that in the video. WTF??
I have a good friend who never had a mentor or teacher. Taught himself to weld, repair engines, etc. I used to think his work was a bit sloppy but as time went on I could see he was able to refine his abilities. Nowadays, he's doing very well for himself. Those skills I mentioned carry him through his hobbies nowadays, but as far as making money, he did it through networking.

I think it was the fact that he had that "I don't care what others think, I will find a solution myself and I will make it work the right way" attitude, that got him where he is. You clearly have that. The right person saw that in him. Once you find a solid networking opportunity, I think the sky is the limit for you. But don't be afraid to go looking because somebody outside the offroading community might see your potential and have what you need to kick it into overdrive.

I don't really see those people as the right networking opportunity either. Especially because I can tell you're uncomfortable with it. Maybe you just need a good investor who understands how much knowledge you really have.

Sorry for rambling btw

. . . All I know is that I've never had a teacher or mentor. . . .

Sure you have. We all have. It may just take a bit of thinking or taking a different perspective in order to recognize them.

I think your friend Harry would qualify as a mentor. I only met him a few times a long time ago but learned something from him each time that I still use today. Sometimes the best mentors don't teach a specific skill but instead encourage an approach to problem solving that is far more valuable.

A smaller hole works perfectly. Barring that, you can increase the OD of the body of the check valve with some silicone fusion tape, put some fuel safe sealant on it and shove it in the hole. Once you play with the valve a bit, it is easy to see what's wrong.

Yup. Too big by atleast 1/32". Also, I'm convinced the valves they're selling aren't genuine MOPAR.

Is the purpose of the fuel safe sealant to protect the silicone tape (such as using an epoxy) or provide additional sealing (such as #2 non-hardening)?