Project Jackass

Better make sure you have a Do-Gooder, Handsome, football player friend who can kick ass and steal your girl...All while smashing Jackass to bits so that the rest of use are safe.

Reactions: Umbra
:thumbup:

"Shit wipes off"
Arnie Cunningham, 1983

If someone craps on Jackass, he'll likely take care of inflicting the pain himself.

spn_3x11Car.gif

Reactions: bobthetj03
Gulp.

Back when Jackass was on the rack, we replaced the gas tank skid. While the tank was out, I checked the fuel and vapor lines.
The steel vapor line was pretty rusty at the time and I remember thinking I should replace at least the crappy section.
The CE light has been on since I've had the Jeep.
I just replaced an O2 sensor that had a very obvious problem and went up to the auto store to clear the code and check for any other problems Jackass might be telling me about.
As expected, It had the code for the sensor and was also displaying PO455, evap emission gross leak. I was pretty sure it was that vapor line.
So I had the guy clear the codes (which he didn't illegally do if any lawyers are reading this) and I get home, post a question about it and go out to check it out.

I crawled under there (AFTER praying, setting the brake, putting it in gear AND chocking a wheel, I ain't stupid) and it was fixed. A whole new 8 inch section of line from the tank up past where the rusty section was.
:eek::confundio1::eeek:

I don't remember fixing it. It's been a few months and I ain't no spring chicken anymore, but I ain't senile yet either.
I'm sure my buddy must have done it while I wasn't there.

Right?
I called him, no answer.

I've put about 10 miles on it since this morning and no CE light.
So it's fixed.

But. But.
Anybody know where I can get 12 gauge slugs in silver?

Last edited:
Both Awesome!

I heard from my buddy.
He did it.

I knew it alllllllll along.
Wasn't worried a bit.
Not even a little.
Really.

Reactions: Mike_H
Since Jackass went the rest of the summer without trying to kill me, I decided to reward him with a new hat for winter.

Bestop Sailcloth. Its been chilly here lately (45-50 degrees in the a.m.) so I had to lay it all out in the sun for an hour or so.
Fits great, love it.

Now all I have to do is hope he's not mad about it.

20170909_150250.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Gotta try to get another fender on and some welding done before it gets nasty. But I figure I've made quite a bit of progress since Feb., and the family had a blast running around top-down all summer. I love that Jeep, even if he keeps trying to kill me.