Quadratec sub woofer review

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
E11E75B7-958C-452A-9666-0ED9520FE01E.png

Disclaimer- I am not a real car audio whiz. My hearing is awful, and my basic setting is LOUD.

My 04 sub was shot, it popped and rattled. A friend with a killer TJR (who is not on here) encouraged me to buy this - he is a fairly adept stereo guy.

The speaker came in 2 days, is a perfect fit and sounds great.

It is a direct replacement, no wires need cut and it gives you the chance to deep clean that console you been putting off.

I would rate it a 10 for fit and connection, and it sounds as good as I would hope any stock subwoofer would sound of that era.

The job takes about 30 minutes.

Note - It does not have a cover screen. It might be a good idea to add one to keep change and crumbs, etc out of the speaker.

• Love
Reactions: John Cooper
View attachment 529695

Disclaimer- I am not a real car audio whiz. My hearing is awful, and my basic setting is LOUD.

My 04 sub was shot, it popped and rattled. A friend with a killer TJR (who is not on here) encouraged me to buy this - he is a fairly adept stereo guy.

The speaker came in 2 days, is a perfect fit and sounds great.

It is a direct replacement, no wires need cut and it gives you the chance to deep clean that console you been putting off.

I would rate it a 10 for fit and connection, and it sounds as good as I would hope any stock subwoofer would sound of that era.

The job takes about 30 minutes.

Note - It does not have a cover screen. It might be a good idea to add one to keep change and crumbs, etc out of the speaker.

I have been eyeballing one of those!!!! Now to finish paying for my wheels, get a winch plate or bumper for my 8274, get and install extended brake lines find a deal on a good used Anti-Rock

Man I got a lot to get done :oops: :oops: :oops:

Reactions: TheBoogieman
If I remember correctly I did trim some plastic fins on the inside of the enclosure. The magnet was hitting them...but it was super minimal.