Questions about lift kits

First, bc it’s Jan 13.

Second, bc wreaths go on house doors and tables.

Third, bc maybe you can sell it and have a bigger budget for the Jeep

Fourth, you’re 16. What 16 year old puts a wreath on their Jeep?
i worked at a tree farm and they made it for my jeep. i was just being nice.

Reactions: JMT
I bought my jeep back in June, I've never done wrenching on my own cars besides an oil change. In that time frame I've done ball joints, new brakes, all new fluids, new steering parts, etc. I took it wheeling a few times last year, stock height on 31s and i kept up JUST fine with other jeeps on 35s/37s, I just had to take a couple more technical lines. I learned what I like to do, what i'd need to do what I like to do, and what the jeep really needs vs what I want.

I knew I wasn't going to lift it until next year, so I've kept my eyes peeled for parts on here / fb marketplace. I picked up some barely used ranchos shocks here and practically brand new OME springs (all 4) on FB marketplace for $100 from a local jeeper. I've got a $500 lift ready to go on for just around $200. If you can, at that budget, definitely wait. There's a lot of people in the jeep community that put something on, realize 500 miles later they don't want it and change it out and you get practically brand freakin new parts for cheap.

and i like the wreath ;) haha mine's still on my spare too!

i worked at a tree farm and they made it for my jeep. i was just being nice.
This reminds me of the guy on the elevator that farted and got out the evergreen scent air freshener

Somebody got on and he said how does it smell in here

Like somebody crapped a Christmas tree.

I think what you should do is have parts of a front door strap to your grill beside it and make it look like you drove through a house.

your neighbor with the YJ will be the ticket because you'll need each other to pull each other out so go ahead and buy a tow/recovery strap with no metal ends ... Be conscious of where you're going.. don't go out alone.. don't drink and get stupid... If anybody gets in the thing make them wear a seatbelt... Always have a phone and make sure your parents have some idea where you are... Loud music will ruin your hearing...

And if we catch you breaking any of the rules you are grounded until Easter young man.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the guy on the elevator that farted and got out the evergreen scent air freshener

Somebody got and he said how does it smell in here

I think what you should do is have parts of a front door strap to your grill beside it and make it look like you drove through a house.

your neighbor with the YJ will be the ticket because you'll need each other to pull each other out so go ahead and buy a tow strap... Be conscious of where you're going.. don't go out alone.. don't drink and get stupid... If anybody gets in the thing make them wear a seatbelt... Always have a phone and make sure your parents have some idea where you are... Loud music will ruin your hearing...

And if we catch you breaking any of the rules you are grounded until Easter young man.
sir yes sir

• Haha
Reactions: JLLJ

Somebody got and he said how does it smell in here

your neighbor with the YJ will be the ticket because you'll need each other to pull each other out so go ahead and buy a tow strap... Be conscious of where you're going.. don't go out alone.. don't drink and get stupid... If anybody gets in the thing make them wear a seatbelt... Always have a phone and make sure your parents have some idea where you are... Loud music will ruin your hearing...

great advise right there !

OK, before put wrench to any nut please get some Kroil to penetrate the rust that will be on them for a few days, pb plaster, wd40 will do noting to help you. Especially when you want to replace the rear shocks the upper bolts are know to seize and snap off (ask me how I know) they are also hard to reach up too if a bolt does break. I am down on Long Island and even here, I have had some really stuck bolts/nuts.

Reactions: harbiison
me and my one friend both have jeeps he has a yj and we both are basically neighbors so we said we’d learn together
Thats cool so do the maintenance first like the other guys are saying then go wheel with your friends and if the need comes up the definitely lift it and maybe put slightly more aggressive tires these guys know there stuff chris made a great write up. But its always more fun to have money to take your jeep on easy trails then buy a part install it just to watch it sit waiting to take it out on the hard ones. also dont let them beat you up on the wreath atleast its not an angry eye grill cover

OK, before put wrench to any nut please get some Kroil to penetrate the rust that will be on them for a few days, pb plaster, wd40 will do noting to help you. Especially when you want to replace the rear shocks the upper bolts are know to seize and snap off (ask me how I know) they are also hard to reach up too if a bolt does break. I am down on Long Island and even here, I have had some really stuck bolts/nuts.

Thats cool so do the maintenance first like the other guys are saying then go wheel with your friends and if the need comes up the definitely lift it and maybe put slightly more aggressive tires these guys know there stuff chris made a great write up. But its always more fun to have money to take your jeep on easy trails then buy a part install it just to watch it sit waiting to take it out on the hard ones. also dont let them beat you up on the wreath atleast its not an angry eye grill cover
an angry eye grill cover or angry bezels will not come within a 10 foot radius of my jeep lmao