szeryngiscaring

Hello everyone,

my radiator recently went kaput. i've decided to replace it myself as it looks relatively simple. My father was the original owner and he put an extra cooler thing for the transmission in front of the radiator. Pictured here:
rad 1.JPG

My concern is with how it is held in place. Which is by these screw looking things poked through the radiator. Pictured here:
rad 2.JPG

rad 3.JPG

Is this method damaging the radiator? Should I do something different with the new one?

thanks very much in advance,

-szeryngiscaring

I personally don't like using those mounts but I have seen tons of rigs with them and can't recall them causing an issue. I know how this forum works and now 10 people will respond and say "I have had them damage the radiator don't use them"...if you arent able to fab mounting brackets then my vote is just use the "zip tie" mounts. I really dont know of any other alternative

I personally don't like using those mounts but I have seen tons of rigs with them and can't recall them causing an issue. I know how this forum works and now 10 people will respond and say "I have had them damage the radiator don't use them"...if you arent able to fab mounting brackets then my vote is just use the "zip tie" mounts. I really dont know of any other alternative
Thank you very much for this advice

Keep everything as stock as possible as far as systems go. Mopar parts, etc, I personally cringe even when I can’t re use or source an original bolt or fastener, although it’s just not always practical to do so.

But oh yeah I’d get rid of whatever is going on there!