Radiator woes

txbemis69

was last seen escaping the asylum
Supporting Member
2006 4.0, 42rle with a large seepage at the top radiator tank crimp. have spent the past couple days looking for a oem mopar radiator (55037653ac) and no one has one in stock. everyone shows it’s on a national back order with no eta for a delivery date. looks like i’ll have to settle for an aftermarket radiator to get eugene back on the road anytime soon. i waited over four months just to get a oem windshield header seal but, simply cannot hold out that long or longer for a radiator. so the million dollar question is who makes the best aftermarket radiator? any help will be much appreciated. thanks!

Are you looking online or in stores? I haven't used them before but this place says they have it in stock:

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-radiator-engine-cooling~55037653ac.html

looking online and every mopar parts place online shows it in stock but, when ordered you’ll get the dreaded out of stock, on national back order and a refund.
Are you looking online or in stores? I haven't used them before but this place says they have it in stock:

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-radiator-engine-cooling~55037653ac.html

looking online and have ordered from two mopar parts places but within an hour the dreaded order canceled email arrives. says national back order and no eta. payment refunded and start looking once again. wish they would just post item on back order. smdh!

• Wow
Reactions: Mobusaki
I had the same issue when I was hunting for one. I found a used one on ebay. good luck man.

Reactions: txbemis69
Just found this - says it’s in stock: https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/...engine-cooling-radiator-55037652aa-55037652aa

Mine is a daily and it’s going to be 106 this weekend, sooo there’s that. 🙄 I did just find one at a salvage yard here - they’re checking to see if it’s Mopar. Fingers crossed! 😊

the 55037652aa will not work with my automatic transmission. i seem to only be able to find the one for the manual transmission. i do thank you for your effort though.

anyone know anything about cg&j heat transfer’s all aluminum radiator to replace a nonexistent oem radiator?

2006 4.0, 42rle with a large seepage at the top radiator tank crimp. have spent the past couple days looking for a oem mopar radiator (55037653ac) and no one has one in stock. everyone shows it’s on a national back order with no eta for a delivery date. looks like i’ll have to settle for an aftermarket radiator to get eugene back on the road anytime soon. i waited over four months just to get a oem windshield header seal but, simply cannot hold out that long or longer for a radiator. so the million dollar question is who makes the best aftermarket radiator? any help will be much appreciated. thanks!

Same here, same leak at top. Two local dealers told me on the phone today that no matter what I'm seeing online at shop,mopar.com, they cannot even order them.

Same here, same leak at top. Two local dealers told me on the phone today that no matter what I'm seeing online at shop,mopar.com, they cannot even order them.

all mopar parts places online show to have it but, when ordered you quickly get email for canceled order and item is on national back order and no eta on availability. think i may have located one just waiting to hear back. email said 5-10 days and i’ll know something. smdh! frustrating it is. good luck on your search and will post on the outcome.

Not the best I’m sure but I’ve had this 3 core one piece in my rig for over a year with zero issues. Stays cool in 90° temperatures.

A5A3E2C3-0EB3-4379-A4A5-984BD33266A5.png

I’m riding around in 90° weather and staying cool with my 3 core one piece all aluminum radiator. Not disrespecting Mopar OEM but if you can’t find what you’re looking for don’t be afraid to go aftermarket.

CF4CC3A9-B38D-4F8C-8FE1-6CD9E6758F18.jpeg

Reactions: Rygrego
Keep in there's but 1 core in a radiator, but it can have 1-4 (maybe more) rows in it. And 3 rows won't necessarily cool better than 1 row. In fact the first TJs came with a 2-row radiator but it was soon replaced by the factory with a 1 row radiator with better cooling traits. All TJ radiators came with 1 row all aluminum cores after that, and so far no one has found a good replacement that cools as well or has the same quality and longevity.

Reactions: txbemis69